• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't even believe this...

My phone is getting great battery life. I used the Evo briefly and had to carry my charger with me. I didnt have to do much just a few texts messages, checking my email, ect. and the battery would die. Took my Droid X to work for the first time and not only did I get 3G and 5 bars all day but my battery lasted the whole day and I still have about 45% left...wonderful!!

Upvote 0
I have the HTC Incredible (probably going to exchange for the X) and when new, the OEM battery life was frightening. From my experience it did take several charge cycles for the battery to reach peak performance. In the beginning I let the battery go completely dead (let the phone shut-off) and I re-charged it with the phone turned off. I understand there are debates about proper charging and I don't want to stir that up. I'm simply sharing my (arguably successful) experience - good, bad or indifferent. In any case, I did this about 4 times. And now when I charge it, I (try to whenever possible) leave it plugged-in for at least three additional hours. The phone is left on. Now I have no trouble getting a good 24-30 hours of moderate-to-heavy use before the charge dips below 10%. Also, I purchased the Seidio 1750 mAh extended battery and went through the same process. The 1750 provides 30-40 hours of moderate-to-heavy use. I'm sure everyone's mileage will vary. There's a nice free app in the Android Market called Battery Indicator that resides in the notification bar. It provides temperature information and informs you how long the battery has been in service since the last charge or unplug. I've found it to be very handy and useful. I believe an extended battery for the X is available soon which will be a nice boost. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I completely agree, been playing with it trying to figure out how to do things on it since i'm coming from the iphone and the battery is incredible. I am one happy camper. :D

I am super happy with the battery so far. I was completely prepared for the worst coming from a Dare that needed charging only every 2 weeks.

Plus after I uninstalled the ATK battery life has been even better.

Upvote 0
Weird thing. After the update yesterday my battery didn't dip below 60% after being on from 530am to 11pm. Even with the OTA and regular use. I even had some phone calls. I plugged it in last night, let it charge overnight like I always do and now its already saying 90%. Not consistent at all with what I got yesterday...

I am getting the same thing. When I rebooted just now I thought my battery meter would jump from 70% to 90%, but it's remained the same at 70%. Just hoping I am going to get as good battery life as I did yesterday. :eek:

I had 40% left at 11:00pm after being unplugged from 6:30am!! Did the reboot at 50% and battery life meter jumped up to 80%!

Not so today...

Will report more as it happens!
-Elo

Upvote 0
wow, i'm desperately trying to drain my battery life (not completely) before I go to bed, which is soon because I work at night. I'm sending a few texts, surfing the web, downloading apps, organizing widgets on my homescreens (all while streaming music on pandora btw) and I checked out a couple youtube videos. I'm at 40% and I took it off the charger at 7 p.m. last night. That's 15 hours so far, and I'm gonna see how much I can push it before it hits 20%. I have to admit, I did use it semi-lightly for my 8 hour shift but messed around with it when I could on my breaks. So far the battery is looking pretty good to me. :)

Upvote 0
I am so excited about this... I don't even know how much better it could be with the extended battery.

Loving it so far as well. Played Pandora for about 2 hours yesterday, emails, texts, twitter/facebook checks, playing with settings, getting .604 update, etc. Turned it off w/o having to charge.

Best advice someone gave me was to take off the ATK and just use the one built into the phone, battery has been spot on since then.

Upvote 0
Can you guys with the great battery life (and have had it unplugged for 5+ hours) post your battery usage stats?
Mine:
Unplugged: 6.5 hrs
DIsplay: 78%
-time on: 46m (medium/low brightness)
Cell standby: 16%
-18% w/o signal **very important to note**
Idle: 5%
Calls: 2%
-less than 1m on a call
I'm currently showing 60%

I just want to gauge where I fit with you guys having fantastic battery life.

Upvote 0
Display: 72%
- time on 33 min (i turn off the display as soon as i'm done with it)
time w.o signal: 0%
cell standby: 22%
phone idle: 7%
unplugged: 9 hours

no calls today
SMS ALL DAY
used the camera to snap two pics
listened to MP3 player for 15 mins on the way to work this morning

showing 80%

Interesting. I think between the extra time w/ the display on and the time it spent searching for signal it could have been the reason... but 20% is a big spread. I just installed the update. Are you running the new OTA update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones