1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I can't figure our these two annoyances......

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lakersfreak, Oct 24, 2014.

1. lakersfreak

lakersfreak Well-Known Member

1) Why is there sound on slow motion video?

2) in group texts every person that sends a message I get a "subject: no subject" title above each persons text. Doesn't happen on 1 on 1 texts. Super annoying.

I've looked at all settings and can't figure these two things out. Can someone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lakersfreak

3. stevecrye

stevecrye Lurker

There is almost never sound on slo-mo video. The only camera I have found that has that is my old Sony CX-550V, and it only does seven seconds of slo-mo.

Consider that there is no way to play back the slowed-down sound that will work for all players. Would you want it time-stretched but not pitched down? Or pitched down, but at 1/8 then everything will be subsonic.
    Steve

4. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

group texts are probably sent as mms if theres a subject line.

5. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

I dont have any sound on my slow motion videos. Group texts are sent as MMS, so they have an option for a Subject, but you dont have to put one as far as I know (i never do). texting someone doesnt have that because its an SMS message, not an MMS message

6. lakersfreak

well, my wife has an iPhone 6 (unfortunately) and her phone records slow motion with sound. I was wondering why the Note 4 doesn't have sound...

7. lakersfreak

Ya the group text is sent as an MMS but why does is have to have a subject line if there's not subject? Pretty annoying in group messages to have <Subject: NoSubject> above every text someone sends in the group. There's no way to turn this off?

8. stevecrye

stevecrye Lurker

When the sound plays, it is a simple time-stretch (everything is slow and low-frequency), or do they time-stretch and then adjust the pitch up?

I ordered an iPhone 6 for my daughter, will be interested to try it.

Steve

9. Emerrow

Emerrow Lurker

Yeah, the iPhone 6 and 6+ both have slow motion with audio. The audio is stretched when playing back, so everything sounds really low pitched. It really is awesome!
    But even when you step up into the DSLR world, some cameras have audio in slo-mo and some don't. Sony's A7s is capable of slow motion recording with sound, but Panasonic's GH4 does not have sound. Different cameras have different limitations.
    It would be cool to have slo-mo audio on the note 4!

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews