1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips I can't find any screen protectors that work well.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TMass, Oct 31, 2011.

1. TMass

TMass Newbie

Ok; so far I've tried screenguardz went on terrible. I treid twice to make it work but after 72 hours it still had houndreds of bubbles and was hideous looking. I then got the Steinheil; went on great looked gorgeous. I put it in my jacket pocket to go to my daughters soccer game and by the afternoon it had scratches all over it. There was nothing in the pocket but the phone. It continues to get more and more scratches on the protector. Is anyone have success with any screen protector?????

Advertisement

2. geomax45

geomax45 Member

3. archittech7

archittech7 Member

X2 on invisibleshield. I use them on a lot of devices that I own. With that said, are you sure your phone has actual scratches or do they just look like scratches that can be wiped away? The reason I ask is because the GS2 has a gorilla glass screen and can't get scratched. No need for a screen protector.

4. hd779

hd779 Newbie

That's just not true I have seen many people in various forums say that they have gotten scratches on their screens, just cause its harder to get scratches doesn't mean its impossible.

tylerdurdin likes this.
  5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

i owned a captivate previous to this phone which also had gorilla glass, i had it for over a year, never had a screen protector and only had a case for a small amount of time. i ended up having one small scratch after all of that time and i was somewhat rough with the phone. it was always in my pocket and i had it in an armband when i was doing yardwork.

anyway after as long as long as i had my previous phone and to only have one small scratch on it, just proves it can be scratched. but i hate the feel of screen protectors and they will never feel or look as good as the bare glass

so my .02 is its not worth it

6. sdmark

sdmark Newbie

I bought the rearth screen protector along with their case. It's very finger printy, but it goes on extremely easy and no air bubbles. It has a smooth, slick feel. fits perfectly

I don't like the zagg or skinomi ones...too sticky feeling for me.

7. archittech7

archittech7 Member

Yeah, didn't mean to imply it's impossible. I meant you would have to work at it.
    CORNING

8. TMass

TMass Newbie

Ok; I'm an idiot, I go to remove the Steinheil protector and the front cover for the protector came off. I thought there was one but I couldn't get it to seperate during installation so i thought I was mistaken. The protector looks great and no scratches, The scratches were on the screen protector front cover.

9. TwinSac

TwinSac Newbie

FUNNY:D
    I was actually thinking this might be the case but I didnt want to sound like an "idiot" or infer that you were an "idiot"

This is something I could see myself doing...Misery loves company:cool:

10. filipinorice

filipinorice Lurker

Don't buy the ones on amazon, they were crap for me =/

11. Galaxy Rider

Galaxy Rider Lurker

I never used a screen protector before w/ my iPhone, but the day I picked up my galaxy s2, I had them slap on the Zagg invisible shield. Super strong, hardly leaves any fingerprints, perfect fit as well. I highly recommend getting it installed from someone with experience like the people from best buy. If you're gonna spend $20+ for one sheet of plastic film, might as we'll pay the extra labor fee to get it done right, I've seen too many that were done by the conumers, and all you see is misalignment and air bubbles. My main point is, cannot go wrong with Zagg, best on the market.

12. Remoovik

Remoovik Lurker

I use xtreme guard.

13. RX-78-2

RX-78-2 Well-Known Member

got the sgp steinnheil brand ultra crystal, you wont notice it's there.

14. incy1020

incy1020 Newbie

LOL to the word "finger printy", but it is actually the perfect word.
    I completely agree with your review of the rearth screen protector.
    Works great, very clear, NO bubbles, but definitely "finger printy" :D

15. notagreek

notagreek Lurker

Hey guys. Glad I found this thread. I just picked up Incredible and looking into this and found that Zagg's require a liquid solution. Is there risk to getting the liquid inside the phone through the crevices and potentially damaging it? This is my first smartphone and I'm thinking about protecting it, but a bit worried. Any alternatives to Zagg that does not req liquid? TIA

16. bumwithshoes

bumwithshoes Newbie

Screen protector not needed

17. CZ Eddie

CZ Eddie Member

The Moshi has good reviews and will be offered for the Skyrocket in stores tomorrow. It's $25 in my local store.
    One thing I've read about the Moshi is you get way less fingerprint marks with it than you do others. That is my thing. I hate fingerprints.

But it has an anti-glare that some people say makes the screen not as bright or sharp.

18. liquiddawn

liquiddawn Newbie

I just got my S2 from my local Best Buy yesterday. They actually haven't gotten in any accessories for the S2 yet, which I thought was strange. Anyway, I walked out without a case or screen protector. I'm definitely buying a case but I'm thinking I might see if this Gorilla Glass really lives up to it's name. Every screen protector I've tried, I have absolutely hated. They get so many finger prints on them and make the screen look worse. But even more importantly, they just feel weird. I love the way the phone feels without a protector. Of course, you get finger prints all over the glass but you can't see them as bad as you can with a screen protector.

19. geomax45

geomax45 Member

Zagg ships the liquid with the kit. You're not giving the phone a bath, merely misting it.

20. gmoney5588

gmoney5588 Member

ok any tips on how to put these damn things on? i tried so freaking hard and went through 3 sheets of those cheap ass ones from ebay. i know they're bad quality but all i need is just something that'll give it some protection. i cleaned the crap out of the screen and tried putting it on, but some how there's a dust or two and it forms a bubble around it... any tips on how to do it like a pro? lol

21. kronie

kronie Member

After two crappy screen protectors from Amazon, my at&t store gave me a deal on the Moshi. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SCREEN PROTECTOR!! No greasy fingerprints and the Matte is very nice. I had a hard time coughing up the extra $$$ for it but it but the rep said I can return it in a month if I didn't like it has a 12 month warranty. I am keeping it.

22. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

23. acp

acp Android Expert

Anyone using a full body skin? How does that work with the battery cover?

24. ch229151

ch229151 Member

Zagg all the way...I've had them on everyone of my phones since the original iPhone. I dont recommend the full body cover, just the screen protector. The body tabs start to peel off and get gross looking from going in and out of my pockets. The screen protector, however, looks amazing from the day it was pasted on.

25. (G)

(G) Android Expert

I had the original Droid, which has Gorilla glass on it. I got one 1/2-inch long scratch on the glass when I had it face-down on my desk and was wrestling with the battery cover. Apparently there was a piece of sand or something on the desk and I slid the phone over it.

But other than that, after 2 years of hard use and being carried all over in my pocket, that's still the only scratch on the glass.