1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I can't find the 3g hotspot apk on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gtpdjw, Sep 4, 2011.

1. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Android Enthusiast

I can't find the 3G mobile Hotspot apk to delete it. Does anybody know what it's called. I'm on 2.3.3 thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gtpdjw

Ok sorry I found it in the setting.apk so now the question is how to remove it or can you.

3. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Android Enthusiast

no clue I think we can't do hotsport anymore w/ 2.3.3 right??

4. You can not remove the 3G Mobile Hotspot from 2.3.3 on the DX. It is built into the stock ROM to prevent tampering/free tethering through root. You're only option is to load a custom ROM/CM7.

5. gtpdjw

6. xjcaptain

xjcaptain Lurker

Would you mind sharing what settings you use with the app. I am rooted and installed the version of wifi tether, but still go to the verizion page where they ask for cash...I'd appreciate any help you would offer. Thanks.

7. andy9

andy9 Lurker

Hey guys I tried just straight renaming my whole settings.apk to settings.bak and I was still stopped cold by verizons pay site... any ideas? Not a fan of the battery life on 2ndinit roms and need tether to work... for free! Anyway, I might be stuck with those other types of roms but there has gotta be a way to kill this.

Any dev has an idea I volunteer as guinea pig!

Andy

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews