• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't find where the 2 step verification codes are for Androidforums

kenhitokiri

Lurker
May 27, 2010
Hi,

I just recently changed my password on this site, but when trying to login it is promoting me to enter a 2 step verification code.
I installed the forums app assuming that I could generate it from there, but I can't.
Does anyone know how to add this verification to the Google authenticator app?

I didn't get asked for verification codes when using the app on my phone, just on the website.

Hi,

I just recently changed my password on this site, but when trying to login it is promoting me to enter a 2 step verification code.
I installed the forums app assuming that I could generate it from there, but I can't.

I didn't get asked for verification codes when using the app on my phone, just on the website.

Maybe you can contact the admin or mod here

Upvote 0
Hi,

To set up 2 step verification, hover your cursor over your avatar in the top right corner of any forum page. The drop down menu that appears will have the option to use 2 step which is an added security which is always a good measure.

Upvote 0
To set up 2 step verification, hover your cursor over your avatar in the top right corner of any forum page. The drop down menu that appears will have the option to use 2 step which is an added security which is always a good measure.

I'm actually unable to actually get to that part of the site as when I login, it is promoting me to enter a 2 step verification code.
I just want to know how to set that up on my mobile phone so I can use it in the future.
Usually there is a QR code that I can scan to enable it in the Google authenticator app.

Upvote 0
It sounds like it is already enabled. Have you tried inputting the code from google authenticator?
If you have and it does not work, please let us know and we will bring this to the attention of the site admin.

I actually don't have the Android forums in the Google authenticator app so there is no code being generated.
Could you please raise this with the site admin?

Attachments

• cam_tmp_1.jpeg
    cam_tmp_1.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones