1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I can't get into the Market!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jddunn06, Sep 25, 2011.

1. jddunn06

jddunn06 Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    I am trying to search for apps, I click the droid market and its asking for a password, but its saying my username is my youtube login name. So i tried my youtube password, it said it was wrong...this is strange, I have never been asked for a password to get into the market, even stranger, it is saying my username is a "@youtube.com" username...is there some way to make this stop? I have typed every password I can think of...

A friend suggest I remove the @youtube.com account from the phone, did that, yet it still says I need to enter the password for my @youtube.com and the area that is for the username is grayed out, it won't let me type anything else in there...any ideas?

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Kadin

Kadin Member
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    Have you had any sync issues with anything Google related other than this? The only thing I can think of is maybe removing your Google account under Settings > Accounts and Sync and then setting it back up. That's the only way I know of to modify the Market Account info...

3. jddunn06

jddunn06 Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    It says my google account is required by some apps and the only way to delete it is to reset my phone to factory settings...wouldn't that mean I would have to manually put all the phone numbers and such back in there one at a time?

4. jddunn06

jddunn06 Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Bump...anything?

5. kresspy

kresspy Lurker
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    I now have the same problem. Any of you know what the hell is wrong ?

6. smashed

smashed Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    IT Consultant -
    Santa Monica,CA
    Maybe usernames/passwords that you have used are messing things up.You might try this

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All
    Click on 'Web' and click on Clear Data. This clears the cache

Also, you might try whats already been suggested- resign into your google account at
    Settings > Accounts & Sync > Manage Accounts. This sign in should carry over to the Market also and you should not be asked to sign in again.

Let us know the results that you get. Best of luck

7. nee

nee Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2011
    I am having the same issue. If it helps I have an ally. Everytime I click on the market it first shows a captcha then once it gets past that it asks for a password from a "@youtube.com" address.

8. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Never had a problem getting into market... Im stock.. Are u that are having problems rooted/romed?? Im pretty sure Ive pillaged the market for all its worth... I still check in... But id say my last twenty apps have come from third party app stores that offer weekly paid apps for free

9. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Hopefully, you are rooted. This happened to me.

Edit: I need to find the right link.

Edit2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-797017.html

This is the one. Instead of modifying the account.db file, just delete it with root explorer. It is the file that holds all your apps login information. So an unfortunate side effect is that you will have to login to every app again. But it will fix your problem.

10. jke1975

jke1975 Lurker
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    I was having the same problem. Could not get into market to update my apps. Kept asking for my password to @youtube.com. So all I did to fix it was went to settings and to accounts and deleted the youtube account and had no problem getting into the market.