1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I can't get my ringtones to my phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by KeThomas91, Dec 6, 2018.

1. KeThomas91

KeThomas91 Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2017
    Male
    I just went from a IPhone 6 to a Samsung galaxy s7 today. The Samsung switch over thing worked ok but didn't transfer the ringtones I had in ITunes.
    I got the ringtones from Phonezoo But if I get on Phonezoo from my s7 it doesn't even show a place to down load the ringtones or to send to my phone.
    I called Verizon and ask what to do. They told me to download apps for ringtones from Google Play. I don't want to download 50 apps trying to find ringtones that maybe exclusive to Phonezoo. Can anybody help me?

Advertisement

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person -
    VIP Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Formerly UNIX/Linux programmer/sysadmin, now disab
    /home/LosAngeles
    I'd never heard of Phonezoo, but I just went to its web site on my Android phone, and immediately saw ringtones available to listen to and/or download. What do you see when you go there?

mikedt likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If you have a sound file (MP3, aac, ogg, probably others) just stick it in a folder called Ringtones in your internal storage and voilà, you're done. No need for apps of any sort.

I can however easily imagine that an iPhone doesn't make it easy to get the sound file (I don't have one to test, but know they prefer to hide the filesystem from the user).

MoodyBlues and olbriar like this.
  4. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Apr 17, 2018
    Male
    CommScope grounding cable engineering.
    Massachusetts
    Here's an unorthodox way I use that works when I'm having issues moving ringtones etc from one device to another without using a computer is to send it by Bluetooth from my device file manager under the share option or paste it to an email and send it to myself but open it up on the device I'm transferring it to. Then put the transfer information in the appropriate place after it's opened if it be music files , data all documents.

Dannydet likes this.