• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Can't Go Back To Amon Ra

sss7527

Dec 10, 2012
Recently some app in my phone installed for me the Team Win recovery (TWRP in my SD Card). I used to have Amon Ra and I liked it quite a bit, and I would like to get rid of TWRP. Also I can't get my Nandroid backups through TWRP for some reason. I went in my SD Card on my computer and deleted the folder. But it won't boot into Amon Ra. I re-downloaded the PC36IMG_RA file, but it doesn't recognize it in bootloader. When I boot into recovery, it goes into Team Win, even though I deleted the folder. Help?

Recently some app in my phone installed for me the Team Win recovery (TWRP in my SD Card). I used to have Amon Ra and I liked it quite a bit, and I would like to get rid of TWRP. Also I can't get my Nandroid backups through TWRP for some reason. I went in my SD Card on my computer and deleted the folder. But it won't boot into Amon Ra. I re-downloaded the PC36IMG_RA file, but it doesn't recognize it in bootloader. When I boot into recovery, it goes into Team Win, even though I deleted the folder. Help?

curious what app you used?

as far as getting back to amon ra, are you sure you named the file correctly (no extra .zips) and placed the file on the sd card?

Upvote 0
I think it was GooManager or something like that.

I'm sure. I'm doing it from a Mac, if that changes anything. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't though, right? The actual installing is on the phone. When I download it it downloads in a folder. I think the Mac automatically unzips it or something, because I open it and it appears as it does when I unzip it with Winrar. Is there anyway to download it without unzipping? Or is that not the issue?

Upvote 0
I think it was GooManager or something like that.

I'm sure. I'm doing it from a Mac, if that changes anything. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't though, right? The actual installing is on the phone. When I download it it downloads in a folder. I think the Mac automatically unzips it or something, because I open it and it appears as it does when I unzip it with Winrar. Is there anyway to download it without unzipping? Or is that not the issue?

not sure on a mac. i think there is a setting so that you can tell it not to unzip it. but i have never owned a mac so not really sure.

maybe try and download the amon ra file from your phone. then just use a file manger to copy and paste the file over to the root of the sd card. also make sure to rename it as well. i like es file manager or if you can afford it root explorer is my favorite.

Upvote 0
I have ASTRO right now, and the ROM Toolbox has Root Browser.

ok well whatever gets the job done.

1.just download it onto your phone
2.rename the file
3.move it to the root of the sd card
4.reboot into the bootloader
5.and select yes to update
6.reboot

hopefully that will work. unless you can figure out how download without unzipping the file on a mac.

Reactions: sss7527
Upvote 0
Is it possible for me to sort of transfer my apps and files between ROMs? I have like, some photos on my Stock and some on my CM and some on my .500. . .it's kind of annoying. Also I don't want to go through and re-download a bunch of apps everytime I get a new ROM.

well photos and such are just saved on your sd card. so they should all be there no matter what rom you are on. and as far as apps go, i would get titanium backup and the pro key(way worth the money) for it as well. tb can back your apps up as well as the apps data. all you need to do is back your apps up with tb and then wipe, flash your rom, sign in, download tb and the restore the apps in tb. just make sure that you do not backup or restore any system apps(in red).

And no, you're magic.

I don't even know how you people know all of this crap.

its all just experience. been at it for two years or so. remember i was in your shoes not too long ago. i'm just paying it forward is all.

Upvote 0
Even if I use Superwipe, the files will stay on the SD? I generally use Superwipe before restoring or flashing.

And really? Did you go to school for programming and the like?

yes nothing gets wiped on the sd card unless you tell amon ra to wipe the sd card which you should never do (unless you want to).

and no i'm no programmer. i'm just marvin, your lowly depressed robot......LOL

EDIT: i learned most of my stuff here on af. i learned from such af gurus as matlock, french71, azakabam, earlymon, and novox77 among others.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones