• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't install any roms now.(ERROR 7)(Solved)

Jovi1

Lurker
Mar 19, 2016
Hello, recently I installed LineageOS 14.1 along with the GAPPS pico, but I noticed that my cell phone was quite slow, so I decided to switch to Ressusrection Remix, but at the time of installation, TWRP charges that the device model is not compatible with the ROM I'm trying to install(my device is a LG L70 D325f8, but i don't know why, the device name shows "unknown"). I tried to change the build.prop, but no sucess. Then I tried to change the binary-update to bypass the model checking, but the TWRP charges that the zip is not valid.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem or how to zip files to flash properly?

This is the error that TWRP shows when I try to install any ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-19-09-47-42.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-19-09-47-42.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 7,183
Upvote 0
reinstall recovery, then reinstall ROM
I tried to do this, but it did not solve the problem.

tutorial for installation in the new twrp? Erro
:(
Device:
LG L70 D325f8

What I did was edit (with Notepad++, because Windows Notepad corrupts the file) the 'updater-script' (a file located in the Zip of any ROM, in name-of-your-rom.zip\META-INF\com\google\android) by deleting the first few lines of the code, specifically that part here:

assert (getprop ("ro.product.device") == "w5" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "w5" || getprop ("ro.product.device") == "w5ds "Getprop (" ro.build.product ") ==" w5ds "|| getprop (" ro.product.device ") ==" w5n "|| getprop (" ro.build.product ") ==" W5n "|| abort (" E3004: This package is for device: w5, w5ds, w5n; this device is "+ getprop (" ro.product.device ") +". "); );

This part verifies that the device is even an L70 or derived from the L70, then deleting that part causes the ROM to be installed independently of the model.

Then I put the file back (use WinRar for this, otherwise TWRP will accuse the ZIP is invalid) in the .ZIP of rom, put it on the sdcard and installed it without problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sito1985
Upvote 0
what about full wipe(advanced wipe, and mark all) then reboot to recovery, and only after that install recovery
http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/9916729/TWRP_3.1.0.0_w5_2017.03.19.img
I thought if I wiped the /system, the phone would go hardbrick or something, so I did not try to do that.

Did you factory reset then try flashing the rom and gapps?

Yes, I gave a factory reset, but the error continued to appear, I had to use the method I mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Reinstall Or Update TWRP.
You can update TWRP within TWRP
1.Just download Latest TWRP ver from official site or some other trusted website.
2.Copy it to phone, by OTG, SDcard or something.
3.Select "install" option in TWRP
3.Select "image" option probably bottom screen of install page.
4.Select the new TWRP image file.
5.SELECT THE TYPE ""RECOVERY"" when prompted.
and flash it.
now power off from recovery and boot again into recovery, it should be updated.
After all this try installing your ROM, The phone should detect its model.

Reactions: Prateesh R K
Upvote 0
1.Just download Latest TWRP ver from official site or some other trusted website.
and flash it.

I had to register just to say this: Haroon Al Isa you are THE MAN! Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
and flash it.
Thanks man!

Upvote 0
I just ****ing replaced
abort("E3004:bla bla bla some error string I replaced earlier " + getprop("ro.product.device") + ".")
with
ui_print("E42069: fok it m8 we still installing this bitch lmao.")
in
zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

It installed without problem and gave me a laugh so why not give it a try

Upvote 0
I just had the same problem With the Nubia NX591J and the MK90.0 rom. First of all I discovered I had too old of a version of TWRP loaded 3.1.1. After loading that, what a hassle, The rom loaded ok but then I ran into the Unauthorized. I need that fixed to be able to load the Gapps package on the phone. My mistake, I should have loaded that before. Well to fix that I just boot the NK90 turned on debugging and that seems to fix that. Went back and loaded the Open Gapps ARM64 9.0 Pico and Magisk 20.4 and we are rooted and cooking loading all the apps back on. Thanks for the Forum, this post may lighten the load for someone who got stuck with a Nubia 591 and 7.1.1 with a security level of jun 2017.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones