1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I can't open any of my pictures.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n813ca, Feb 8, 2011.

1. n813ca

n813ca Well-Known Member

my gallery won't even open. It just trys and closes. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

Yep, lots of people with this problem. Go to Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and select the All Applications tab at the top. Look for Gallery, Media Content, and Media Container Services, then for each one, clear Data and Cache if anything in there.

Ignore any warnings that data and information will be lost. Reboot your device and wait a bit, the sd card needs to be remounted and everything reindexed, so it could take a while before your Gallery will show your pics again. But it won't close anymore like it is now.

3. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

FYI, it could also be a sign that your card may be going bad. Once you are able to view and access your pics on your sd card again, back up your pictures to your computer and any other backup options you have for safe keeping.

4. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

This just happened to me tonight and I found a thread on DroidXForums.com that fixed the problem for me. I went to the Market and downloaded an app called Gallery 3D. When I opened the app, I went through the various folders and found 2 black images that were apparently corrupt files. Not sure how they got there, but I just deleted the 2 corrupt images. After that, the stock Gallery app is working again.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews