1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I can't put this thing down!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nynvolt, Dec 28, 2011.

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

This phone has been perfect and the lack of issues is causing me to use it more than my last phone. I can't make up my mind between launcher pro plus and sense. Can't settle on a wall paper, even with the live wall paper that allows a different photo on each screen. I keep changing icons and widgets, it's like I am obsessed! It's too many options combined with a great running device. With my Droid x, once I had it running smooth I was afraid to mess with it. Plus moto-blur was ugly so using lpp was a given. I've had this phone for three weeks and I'm still messing with it lol. I know it sounds fan boy'ish but wow this phone rocks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Power2g

Power2g Newbie

I have the same feelings. Plus I haven't had one FC, the only incompatible app was Vlingo but with app update it rocks. By far the best phone I ever had and I had many including iphone, Motorola bionic, D Inc, Motorola Photon, and others. I have 196 apps installed plus I constantly stream and no issues. Music never sounded better, this phone brought new life to my Motorola SD 10 bluetooth headset, I never knew they could sound great. This phone is WOW.

3. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I probably spend more time on the rezound than I did with either my DX or D3. That's saying something, especially comparing it to my DX, which was my first smartphone. I loved that thing but find the overall experience with the rezound more enjoyable.

I never get tired of looking at the beautiful screen. In the month and a half I've own this phone, I've only had ONE reboot -- on the 2nd day I had it -- and virtually no other issues. No heat concerns, GPS locks on in a microsecond and nav works great, everything syncs without incident, camera quality has been quite nice, and battery life has been more than adequate. I could go on, but I think you get my point.

It really has been the most trouble free and reliable (in terms of things like 3G and 4G signal, call quality, video playback of multiple file formats, and camera PQ) android device I've owned to date. I know people have different tastes and not everyone is going to like the physical look of the phone or the Sense skin overlay. But I honestly don't know how anyone -- granted they did get a lemon -- would not be satisfied with the rezound from a useability standpoint. The phone just works, and works well.

4. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

You guys are not the only ones. I am getting so much teasing from my wife about how much I am suddenly using and messing with a cell phone. BTW, the possibilities are endless!

5. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

If you try go launcher, you will have even more fun! So many options.....it is a blast.

secretLOVER likes this.
  6. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast

Yep, if you want to waste even more time with it, experiment with a launcher. Tried Go Ex, and ADW EX. Uninstalled Go. Now it's between ADW EX and Sense. Right now I'm leaning toward Sense. BTW, I think Sense is MUCH better than Blur. Blur was no contest....try it for like 15 minutes and then I don't want to see it anymore. Sense has much better integration.

7. nynvolt

I keep switching between launcher pro plus and sense, the ONLY thing I don't like in sense is the text app isn't where personalize is. I like it on my dock.

I tried go launcher and it seems to be even more customizable with the tons of themes. Too much fun.

Btw, I bought this in nov. and it has not frozen up or glitched out or gone wonky on me once. Soooo nice coming from a DX which I LOVED but it tripped out fairly often.

8. olbriar

olbriar  

All of the above. It's a great phone I would confidently recommend to anyone. Instead of the name Rezound.. they should have named it the Astound.

9. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member

So, what do the different launchers do for you?

10. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

The launcher is the environment you're in when you press the Home button. It allows you to put application buttons and widgets on the desktop, allows you access to app drawers to fire up more, provides scrolling between multiple desktops and the like. Different launchers often include custom widgets designed for easy integration into the launcher.

The advantages of choosing your own launcher are that it may offer lots more customizations than the stock one (esp. visual themes), and it may be smoother & faster as well -- especially compared to Sense which is considered a heavy layer on top of the Android OS.

RottnJP likes this.
  11. nynvolt

Changes the look and widgets. The launcher bar, for instance, stock gives you apps, phone and personalize. Three short cuts. Launcher pro gives you fifteen shortcuts! So you can enjoy your wallpaper and keep things looking clean. Love having text on my launcher dock rather than on the screen as an app icon.

RottnJP likes this.
  12. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast

I should mention that I revisited Go last nite because I thought ADW EX was a big laggy and LPP I never really considered because it hasn't been updated for so long. I'm nervous about using those apps.

Anyway, a nasty thing happened with Go.....got caught up in a boot loop. I wanted to clear temp files after installing how I wanted it so I did a restart. And it restarted and after about 30 seconds after it connected to service it restarted again all by itself. Over and over. Anyway, no way for me to stop it so I had to do a factory reset which wasn't fun (volume down+power key).

13. ReUp

ReUp Newbie

Same here...I think the phone is great...

14. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

NEVER bought Motorola because of blur. Tried Samsung n came right back to sense. I switch between sense n go. No other launcher can compete with go IMO. It does everything you want.

15. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I had that problem too. I figured it out. I unchecked fast boot in the settings. Go launcher works fine now. Love it!

BlueBiker likes this.
  16. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert

Good catch rcyphermd. Fast boot seems to be problematic for certain apps.

Frankly, having a quick boot doesn't provide me much advantage anyway since I don't power down my phone very often (and it doesn't crash or freeze).

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews