1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I can't save WiFi password when it requires login (work...hotels...)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmg1982, Jun 4, 2017.

1. cmg1982

cmg1982 Lurker

Dear all,

I am having a problem and I have checked all the settings in Android and could not find a solution. At work, every time that I connect to the WiFi, a window pops up that requires a username and password (which I cannot change). The passwords are generally quite complicated so it is difficult to remember. However, I cannot find a way to save that password in Android so that I do not have to type it every time. In my previous iPhone this was not an issue (I also had to dig a bit to solve it though), but I have no clue how to do it in Android.

Any help? Thanks!

hafeezje likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cmg1982

cmg1982 Lurker

Many thanks. Yes, this looks a bit cumbersome. Let's see if someone comes up with something simpler!

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is this a landing page that appears when you connect to the WiFi, the browser pops up and you have to enter your login credentials? And presumably the stock Samsung browser doesn't remember them. Try using a different browser like Chrome, i believe that can remember login details.

However might be worth you speaking to your works' WiFi admin, see if they have any suggestions.

4. cmg1982

cmg1982 Lurker

Thanks! I just did that. I selected Chrome as default browser... so far so good, but we will see

5. Does the mobile recognise the work network as one it has seen before? If so, is there a "Forget" option? I find that using that can recover the ability to get the device to remember login details.

6. cmg1982

cmg1982 Lurker

I tried that last week....without success :(

7. Rack1600

Rack1600 Lurker

I have the same issue, did you have any luck with using Chrome?

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews