• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i cant see hindi website in any browser..

When i open any hindi website, it just view boxes in place of words,
i used many browsers but all worthless,
i even changed the text encoding to unicode utf-8,but not working,
i have CM-7, 2.3.3 on my phone.
try this website for example, it shows boxes in place of hindi words....
??????? | ??? ???? | Navbharat Times

You have to replace the DroidSansFallback.ttf with a Hindi font & the text will show up :D

Check here: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...r-native-language-font-simple-easy-steps.html
As you are running CyanogenMod 7, skip first 2 steps...

There's an alternative way to do it using TypeFresh...

Upvote 0
You have to replace the DroidSansFallback.ttf with a Hindi font & the text will show up :D

Check here: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...r-native-language-font-simple-easy-steps.html
As you are running CyanogenMod 7, skip first 2 steps...

There's an alternative way to do it using TypeFresh...

Its not working,
i tried both way,
can u give me appropriate ttf file after trying it by this or other method,
i also used font changer>advanced> DroidSansFallback.ttf
and then i selected hindi.ttf and restarted phone,but still not working.

Upvote 0
Its not working,
i tried both way,
can u give me appropriate ttf file after trying it by this or other method,
i also used font changer>advanced> DroidSansFallback.ttf
and then i selected hindi.ttf and restarted phone,but still not working.

Check the attachment, it contains Indic fonts including Hindi...

BTW, have you set "Permission" as the other font files... Tap-hold on another font file>select Permission & then set same permissions for the file you replaced... I didn't mention it in that thread...

Attachments

• DroidSansFallback.zip
    309.9 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
if your requirement is only reading via browser, I recomend you to switch to Opera mini from default browser

First step is to type the address bar "about:config" and press go.
Now this will show a menu called "Power-User Settings" where some settings related to loading of pages will be shown, from this menu we have to change the setting "Use bitmap fonts for complex scripts". Default selection for this setting will be No. Inorder to read Hindi pages, change this setting to Yes.

BTW as Nirob said, if you change the Hindi font you can see hindi letters but it'll not be rendered properly as there is no support for Indic rendering yet in android mobiles

Upvote 0
Opera is a good way but it'll cost a lot more because the texts will come as a bitmap images... It's a great problem for limited or PAYG users...

Yes, Indic fonts doesn't render properly but it can be read & costs a lot less

So, it depends on the user which way they will go... I've a limited package :( so I replaced the font

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones