1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I cant seem to register but thanks for the reply

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    I tried to reply and register but it says im a spammer. Anyway thanks and ill keep on them "friendly but firm" like you said. Its just annoying to deal with these people like they have no idea what im saying to them. Either it will pass the water submersible test or it wont. If it cant get wet thats fine but I just feel like they misled me.
    Battery life and a scratchproof screen also seem to be issues. The last one I sent back would go dead overnight after a full charge and although this one seems to last through the night the battery is dead within a few hours of the GPS being used. It has just enough power to get you out totally lost then goes dead. What good is a GPS if it goes dead in 5 hours.
    I live off the grid with limited recharging and need a truly legitimate tough phone with my lifestyle. Maybe there is a better choice. Any suggestions? I do enjoy having internet out here for times I need it so I'd like to stay android.

Advertisement

2. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    Sorry you're having trouble registering. I certainly hope we can get that worked out for you. The community we have here is spectacular.

In answer to your question, I had exceptional luck with the Motorola Defy. It's not the fastest, or most awesome phone, but it is built like a water proof hockey puck.

Wish I could offer more but I usually do not go for the durable phones.

If we can get you registered I am sure you could get a lot of feedback on whats out there.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!

3. Scootmien

Scootmien Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 14, 2012
    Male
    South UK
    I agree with Shalemail, we're a great community on here for the most part and it's always nice to get fresh perspectives on things.

4. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    For your needs I would consider compromising on the battery life issue in favor of other things, and carrying extra battery power (either spare batteries or a universal USB-output battery that you can tether to the phone). You really ought to haul around plenty of battery power and a solar charger, the way you describe your situation.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Sorry about that - it's nothing personal, sometimes it glitches like that.

Please drop us a line at androidforums.com@gmail.com and we'll be glad to get that sorted for you. :)

palmtree5 likes this.