1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I can't send long text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Baby got Dak, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Baby got Dak

Baby got Dak Lurker

I've used the Signal message app for a few years. and since I switched from the S5 to the S8 I cant send text messages over 2 sentences long.
    I can send pictures, I can do group texting and I can receive long texts. its just sending longer texts I have a problem with. The stock message app works fine (except group texting is cumbersome).
    I tried another app Textra and had the same problem. So it's like my phone has a problem with 3rd party messaging apps. Anyone else ever experience this?

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Long texts are MMS, just like sending pictures, so it's odd one works and not the other.

Just a guess... for Textra, go to MMS settings and switch the MMS Behavior - legacy or system.

Baby got Dak and Dannydet like this.
  3. Baby got Dak

Baby got Dak Lurker

I'm puzzled as well. I've made contact with Signal support and I think I stumped them because they just quit responding.
    I've tried deleting the app, clearing my cashe and reinstalling and no luck.
    I also tried your idea with Textra. No luck there either.
    I hate to do it but I might have to factory reset my phone unless someone with a better idea comes along.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews