• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I cant take this lagg

xNJxPlague

Dec 10, 2009
I am about to throw my phone out the window. I follow these forums alot and i know a lot about the phone. I have followed all the battery saving tips and speed tips and my phone still laggs like hell and dies really fast with the sedio extended battery.

When i use the task killer it usually is under 25 for memory and when i kill apps it brings me <40. The only time my phone doesn't lagg is when its charging.

When its on wifi it helps, but still laggs.

I am at a loss. I want the OTA so 2.1 can fix the dam lagg.

I'm sure whatever people reply i have already done to my phone to make it faster and last longer, but hell, throw anything ya got at me cuz im willing to do anything at this point.

I am about to throw my phone out the window. I follow these forums alot and i know a lot about the phone. I have followed all the battery saving tips and speed tips and my phone still laggs like hell and dies really fast with the sedio extended battery.

When i use the task killer it usually is under 25 for memory and when i kill apps it brings me <40. The only time my phone doesn't lagg is when its charging.

When its on wifi it helps, but still laggs.

I am at a loss. I want the OTA so 2.1 can fix the dam lagg.

I'm sure whatever people reply i have already done to my phone to make it faster and last longer, but hell, throw anything ya got at me cuz im willing to do anything at this point.

same issues. i used ATK all the time to try and speed it up. uninstalled task killer 2 days ago and my phone has been flying. seems a little counter intuitive doesnt it?
i also turned off haptic feedback. try those two and see how it works.

Upvote 0
same issues. i used ATK all the time to try and speed it up. uninstalled task killer 2 days ago and my phone has been flying. seems a little counter intuitive doesnt it?
i also turned off haptic feedback. try those two and see how it works.

Also turn of animations and clear your cache.

To turn of animations
Settings > Sound and Display > Uncheck Animation

To clear cache
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu > Sort by Size > Click on apps and clear cache only.

Upvote 0
Oh something else. about 2 weeks ago my phone would last 36 hours and run pretty dam smoothly.. i was very happy with it.. then this happened..

I check with Space Parts if any apps are eating my battery and it doesnt show any besides messages because i text a lot but that has always been that way..

What could have changed in a matter of a week or two to make my phone unbearable?

Upvote 0
Oh something else. about 2 weeks ago my phone would last 36 hours and run pretty dam smoothly.. i was very happy with it.. then this happened..

I check with Space Parts if any apps are eating my battery and it doesnt show any besides messages because i text a lot but that has always been that way..

What could have changed in a matter of a week or two to make my phone unbearable?

Maybe you installed a bad App that's keeping the phone awake?

Upvote 0
What things are lagging? You could turn off the animations, settings/sound & display/ animations. Try to turn them off it will speed up somethings, but you won't see any operational differences. For the dialer you can do a search, I've changed the phone so that it pings every 2.5 seconds instead of the default 5.8 seconds. Between those two, and running 2.1 v2 I'm much happier with my phone.
Hope this helps!:)

Upvote 0
What do you mean by "I've changed the phone so that it lungs every 2.5 seconds unsteady of the default 5.8 seconds. "

I already changed all those settings, thanks though. I am waiting for the OTA but soon im going to give in.

i think he meant ping. has to do with slot cycles. i dont understand it but after i did it i was very happy.
it changed the amount of time between pinging the cell towers meaning you get notified quicker when receiving a call etc.

Upvote 0
Running first 2.1 leaked here with a task killer to clean things up a little.

Battery life has always sucked. Sounds like you have some errant apps causing havoc. A little lag here or there is to be expected.

And I am a long time Unix and Linux user so I appreciate the fast access a task killer hives me to kill background apps without dropping to a shell prompt to do it.

I just don't have the same problems, task killer included sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones