• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't turn on 4G from Wireless Settings.

Palmetto Fellow

Android Expert
Sep 24, 2010
SC
I've been having 4G lag issues since day 1 with my EVO. I made a thread about it, and have updated it as needed.

I decided to make a video detailing my 4G lag issues, and during the filming of that video, my 4G would not turn on using the Wireless Settings page. I had to use the toggle to make it turn on. I shrugged this error off as just a bug, and moved on with life.

However, I've also been planning a factory reset for some time, and finally did it Saturday. Since then, I've tried several times to turn on 4G from the Settings page, and each time, it fails.

If I go to the SwitchPro widget, and toggle 4G there, it works just fine. I can turn it OFF just fine from the Settings screen, but I can't enable it. If I enable it with the toggle, and then disable it...I can immediately go back in and re-enable it from the Settings screen. It's almost like the toggle shows the Settings screen the right way to do it...and the Settings screen is now able to turn on 4G. After a few minutes of being able to turn on 4G, it stops, and is unable to. It's very inconsistent.

So before and after my factory reset, my EVO has shown difficulty in enabling 4G from the Settings screen. Does this sound like grounds for a repair/replacement ticket from Sprint?

What's my best approach on this? Should I wait for it to happen again, and go into a Sprint store to demonstrate it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones