• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I cant turn on wifi after i root (realme 6)

Plz help mee
kind of hard to help you, if you do not provide any information.

we need to know things like:
1. how did you root the phone?
2. did you use a guide?
3. youtube video?
4. do you have a link?
5. do you have a custom recovery? TWRP?
6. did you do anything else, once the phone was rooted?

just remember, the more details you give us, the better we can help you.

Upvote 0
Rooting does not prevent turning off WiFi, so you must have messed something up (possibly using root privileges to do so, or maybe during the rooting process). Therefore as @ocnbrze says we need to know what you actually did in order to help you.

In fact I'd add one further request: don't just tell us which guide or video you followed, tell us what you actually did. Because if you skipped a step, or used a different file (e.g. a custom recovery intended for a different model) then the guide you used won't tell us that and so we still won't be able to guess what went wrong.

If we can't figure it out then your solution will be to completely reflash the whole device with stock software. This will undo the rooting, but should also undo any mistakes. How you do this depends on what device you have. Of course if you used a custom recovery (the correct one for your device) and took a backup with it before you actually rooted the ROM then you could just restore that backup (any competent guide should tell you to make the backup before modifying the ROM, but it's amazing how many rooting guides fail to do this). Again that would remove root, but you'd still have your recovery so would have less to do if you wanted to try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones