1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root I can't un-root my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brianhenny, Feb 18, 2011.

1. brianhenny

brianhenny Android Enthusiast

Hey guys, need some help.

I rooted my phone back in September and I may sell it so I'm trying to unroot. I did unrevoked3, and I have S-On. Other than that I haven't changed anything but I'm running Virtuous v3.1.0.

I'm trying to follow this guide but my phone won't recognize the PB31IMG file, even though it's on the root of my SD card. My card is formatted for FAT32 as well.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-hacks/95406-how-correctly-unroot-incredible.html

I'm trying the second option, I get "RUU_Incredible_C_Froyo_VERIZON_WWE_3.26.605.1_Radio_2.15.00.07.28_2k4k_NV_1.70_PRL58006_release_152016_signed.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I'm on a mac and i'm attempting to do this on my mom's dell and have been for awhile, just no luck. help? :(

thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Download the mand5 app from the market and make sure the md5 hashes match exactly for the pb31img.zip

Next make sure the file is named correctly, it is case sensitive, and has .zip at the end not .zip.zip

3. brianhenny

I downloaded ManD5 and i'm looking in the sdcard and I can't find it? When I plug my phone into my computer though I clearly see it.

And is it PB31IMG.zip or pb31img.zip? you have it lowercase but the other thread is uppercase?

Also it's .zip not .zip.zip

4. Do some more google searches....no matter what your problem is, many people have already had it and posted about it

5. brianhenny

That's the thing.. I don't know what the problem is.. I've been trying to unroot for months and can't get it.

6. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

Its probably your SD card. I have seen many times where the Hboot just does not like your SD card. Their is no rhyme nor reason behind it, it just is.

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

should be all caps, if you look in the root of sd card folder it should be there, if you don't see it, double check it's on your sd card and not the internal storage. take out the sd card and plug in your phone and you shouldn't see the file. Or download a file manager app and browse to the root of the phone, then go to the sd card folder and you should see it.

8. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Android Enthusiast