• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't wait for something horrible to happen to this phone

I have had three V20s in one month. I rather doubt that I have had the honor of all of the lemon V20s around. Today it turned off 24 hr time and it also decided I had an external keyboard and turned off the keyboard so that I couldn't type in a calendar entry. I figured out how to fix both issues but this phone is really pissing me off. I am not a power user. I don't use the second home screen; I turned it off. I don't use "smart" settings. I don't even care that it has a really good audio and photo capability. I'll never use it. I wanted a large display and a removable battery. I need large fonts and I keep my phones for as long as they'll work. I had to change because my Note 4 (for which I had 4 batteries) had started to have system issues. I have used my Note 4 while I waited for my replacement phone when the V20 touch screen stopped working and the battery was overheating. I am, at this point, stuck with this phone unless some horrible accident happens and I can get an insurance replacement and then I'll get a Moto as my daughter loves hers.

I have had three V20s in one month. I rather doubt that I have had the honor of all of the lemon V20s around. Today it turned off 24 hr time and it also decided I had an external keyboard and turned off the keyboard so that I couldn't type in a calendar entry. I figured out how to fix both issues but this phone is really pissing me off. I am not a power user. I don't use the second home screen; I turned it off. I don't use "smart" settings. I don't even care that it has a really good audio and photo capability. I'll never use it. I wanted a large display and a removable battery. I need large fonts and I keep my phones for as long as they'll work. I had to change because my Note 4 (for which I had 4 batteries) had started to have system issues. I have used my Note 4 while I waited for my replacement phone when the V20 touch screen stopped working and the battery was overheating. I am, at this point, stuck with this phone unless some horrible accident happens and I can get an insurance replacement and then I'll get a Moto as my daughter loves hers.
I have had my V20 for several months and I love it. No problems.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Wilma, I know what you are going through. My 1st unit would not respond to voice commands, the second one had poor audio quality when shooting a video. The 3rd was the charm. My carrier wanted to order me the last phone through an insurance claim but I demanded one out of stock to make sure I didn't get a refurbished unit, which may explain why you continued to have problems after an exchange.

Reactions: today
Upvote 0
No problems with the power button/scanner yet (don't scan fingerprints as I mess up my hands a lot with my work). However, as I sit here I am waiting for it to download a picture I want to make a background for a messaging person. It is black and has been for a few minutes.The time is showing in the upper right, but it won't come out of it when I push the power button. It also has stopped playing the tones for notifications and ringtones when I choose them. I guess I'll have to boot it. I keep my ringtones and notifications on my sd card and internally (making every thing show up twice) and I found that it had deleted all of the ringtones in both folders. It's a good thing I back them up to my PC but having replaced them I have to go through all of my contacts and reassign the ringtones. It also has an annoying habit of not delivering some voicemail notifications for 24 hours...... ok, booting from the button isn't working. I'll have to remove the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones