1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I could use some help from a dev

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dustinp, Apr 13, 2012.

1. dustinp

dustinp Newbie

So as I've said, I'm working on getting gingerbread onto the r910. I'm good with linux, but new to android. I'm tapping all my knowledge to try to make this happen, but I can't for the life of me seem to find the locations of the kernel/ramdisk, recovery, and system image on the phone. There is no /proc/mtd file to work from, so if anyone could tell me where they are, i'd appreciate it very much. Thanks for your help in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Reaper man

Reaper man Well-Known Member

you may want to ask around in xda-developers

3. mikegLA

mikegLA Well-Known Member

Irc chatform #indulge

4. Reaper man

It also helps to mention the server (irc.irondust.net).

Just note that we idle in there 95% of the time. It could literally take hours for anyone to notice/respond. Keep that in mind.

5. dustinp

dustinp Newbie

alright, I'll get in there when i fix the java issue i'm having on my comp.

6. mikegLA

mikegLA Well-Known Member

Good luck with that.

7. dustinp

dustinp Newbie

yeah, i didn't get the java situation figured out, but I'm getting a running start toward building a gingerbread kernel for the 910. If anyone cares to chime in on what exactly I need to do in order to put in the lte kernel module, and what other files would need to be transplanted, please do. That's what's going to suck up most of my time

8. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert

Still waiting to see you on IRC.

9. Reaper man

I saw him briefly (according to my logs) then he left.

10. dustinp

dustinp Newbie

Unfortunately, I do not always have access to an internet connected box, and the one that is won't load the irc chatroom, due to a java issue. I'll make every attempt to get on and stay on for a few hours tomorrow, and hope to talk to both of you if you're on. I will say that i'm very new to this, and probably don't know all that I should. As far as I can tell, the biggest issue is going to be building a gb kernel for the 910.

11. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert

Uh.

What?

The webchat does not use Java. Nor does Mibbit, or any desktop clients.

12. dustinp

dustinp Newbie

for some reason when I click the chat button above, it loads the java browser plugin and crashes

13. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert

You were going to the wrong place, but you found your way to the right one now.

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews