• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i Dealizer. 16gb for $19.99

$25 dollars for slow shipping

or amazon's $32 or so with free shipping which is still about a week or two.

I'd say this is a good deal.

I guess if you don't have Prime. I have Prime, so I order today and I'll have it no later than Thursday. If I order from One Sale A Day, I *MIGHT* have it when it before my ship date of 6/15. I'd prefer to build out my phone out of the box and not have to redo it when the card arrives.

Amazon is a reputable and authorized retailer (no warranty honoring through One Sale..), I know it won't be a knockoff. There are WAY too many fake memory cards in circulation. The few things I've ordered from One Sale A Day historically has been made to look great in photos, but turned out to be cheap Chinese made garbage.

Upvote 0
I think 20% off the lowest price at Amazon is pretty good, plus I've never been blown away with the speed of orders from Amazon and I've never been disapointed with saleaday either. If you are ordering something on the cheap and getting basic or free shipping 2weeks is usually the norm. If time was a factor I'd spend $50-$80 for the same thing locally . I'll take the savings and the wait.

Either way if you perfer to buy elsewhere do so, I jsut wanted to share a deal with my fellow Android Brothers/Sisters lol and also share a great app Idealizer is one of my favorite and probably buy something 1-3 times a month from one of the sites. The other day they had a 32gb Ipod Touch for $220 I just bought an 8gb for my fathers Bday a month ago for $200 , I missed out lol

Upvote 0
Will have to check out that app too!

(Crazy what the local stores can charge people)

Yeah man agreed, the reason I'm getting a new card is that my 8gig card from my Dare finally decided it didn't want to do anythign properly anymore , I went into WalMart and I beleive there 8gig card was $40. So until this comes I'm just using a 4gig one I had lying around that with the onboard memory is plenty but come on bigger is always better

I'm hoping I and anyone else who jumps on this card has a good expierence

Upvote 0
The speed class should have no effect on the operation of the phone and data access, but would only come into play when transferring data on and off the card itself.

This subject has a bit of a tangible parallel with Router classes. The difference between a G class & N class router only relates to moving data inside the network, not internet speeds. Sorry for the rambling, but it seemed like it might help. ;)

Upvote 0
Even if you did go for a Class 6 (or higher, I've seen higher somewhere before) I doubt if you kept it plugged into the phone that the read-write from the card to the phone, and then from the phone to the PC, wouldn't also have some choke points. I haven't researched it to know what read/write speeds DIncs have when connected to a PC, but I'd guess that anything above a Class 2 would be negligible... unless you took out the MicroSD card and put it into a card reader.

Again, if someone has speed-tested the data rates and can correct me, I'd be more than happy. :)

Reactions: SDmtnbkr
Upvote 0
3 Classes: 2, 4, and 6. Number refers to the minimum write speed of the card in megabytes per second. Read speed is identical in all.

The speed class should have no effect on the operation of the phone and data access, but would only come into play when transferring data on and off the card itself.

This subject has a bit of a tangible parallel with Router classes. The difference between a G class & N class router only relates to moving data inside the network, not internet speeds. Sorry for the rambling, but it seemed like it might help. ;)

Thanks to both of you! ...BrickAlley, that did help.

Upvote 0
Just got back into town yesterday and the card was in the mail. It came in a pretty large bubble pack, and when I opened it , it looked empty I had to rip it apart to find a lonley floating MicroSD card, was worried but put it in and transfered everything over and I think it working good so far with 15.2GB available on it

Upvote 0
Just got back into town yesterday and the card was in the mail. It came in a pretty large bubble pack, and when I opened it , it looked empty I had to rip it apart to find a lonley floating MicroSD card, was worried but put it in and transfered everything over and I think it working good so far with 15.2GB available on it

I know what you mean. My wife almost threw the package away thinking it was a joke from one of my buddies! Thanks again for the tip.

Upvote 0
I know what you mean. My wife almost threw the package away thinking it was a joke from one of my buddies! Thanks again for the tip.

Yeah no problem. They actually just emailed me another tracking number saying they shipped a 16gb card this morning. I emailed them letting them know I already got it, but no response yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones