• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I DESIRE an Nexus One

whole web is scrolling through some text so ut's a major issue for me. i guess Nexus' ball is better...

I think samsung d-pad is the best solution for this. As for the web browsing with multitouch you will never need an dpad/sensor/ball/whatever. It's quite a pleasure browsing the web with desire...actually is a pleasure to do anything with it (except using the optical pad) :)

Upvote 0
[

nope its not like this, dont even know how its done but believe me you can't accidentally trigger it. ive been using desire for 4days now and it didnt happen and if you look at desire's thread i don't see anyone having this isssue.
however im also telling you that the screen is huge compared to galaxy and you won't need that much scrolling. and why fingers are not good or better for scrolling
so optical pad is done excellent, actually i was worid about it before buying as technology is kind of new (been used only in couple of mobile devices before), but trust me there is nothing to worry about, well at least until now :)

Believe me...I'm not dreaming! I'm using it for 4 days now and things are happening (just like pressing an arrow on samsung dpad) when I'm moving my finger from "menu" button to "back" button without touching the sensor. So it's the optical pad!!
I know it has a big screen...and it's gorgeous :)
You NEED scrolling when you type an text and make an mistake that needs correcting...you need to move the cursor back to correct it. That's a pain to do. It simpler to just poke around with your finger until you manage to move the cursor where you need.

Upvote 0
galaxy shows 3g for hsdpa, i can tell you this as standard 3g you will not get more than 128kb/s down on o2 where as you can get anything from 256-7.2 on hsdpa

so how do you explain this?

galaxy:
Imageshack - img1681j.jpg

htc desire
Imageshack - img1680h.jpg

note: both phones using the same sim card. both have killed all apps, background, and all other stuff killed just allowing use data. same location (on the floor in the room), almost same time just couple of minutes difference to change sim cards, galaxy (1.6) desire (2.1). btw i used to get only 1.2 mb/s most with galaxy 1.5 cupcake.
just want to hear ur opinions. i think it might be due to processor speed and amount of ram but im not sure or the way it handles data connection, but i can tell one thing that opera mini on my galaxy opening pages slower than stock browser on desire :)
btw if you see ping speed on galaxy is a bit better than on desire, but maybe just coincidence :)
it will be varying thing down to pdp profile on network aswell as the hardware used etc, background tasks and memory utilisation
standard 3g is 128k
the browser speeds are likely to do with a slower performance in general from the galaxy

i would also say that speedtest is not accurate
if you run speedtest in chrome on a pc is completely wrong
you can also see on the galaxy it glitches and stutters when trying to download

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones