1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I did an update on my HTC and now it won't boot *HELP*

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattfluty, Feb 20, 2014.

1. mattfluty

mattfluty Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2014
    so I have an HTC one v and I havent done anything to it, no rooting or anything like that, I had an update due so i updated while i was helpin a friend with some stuff around his house, I go to turn it back on and its in a boot loop, it shows my HTC white screen and then black, and it wont let me do a factory reset, I called HTC and they said i cant have it fixed cause my phones screen is broken, but its obv. a software and not hardware problem. can someone help a guy out?
    i'd really appreciate it cause i cant afford a new one :(

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    If this was an update done over the air by the carrier, bring it into the carrier and ask them to fix what their update broke.

If it was an update done over the air by HTC, ask to speak to a supervisor. They're legally liable if they do something that damages your phone. (But considering the price of the phone, and the price of an attorney, you may lose money by winning the case.)

If it was an update you did yourself you'll have to pay for the repair.

mattfluty likes this.
  3. mattfluty

mattfluty Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2014
    hey thanks for the reply I got adult adhd and really need this phone to keep myself on track to say the very least, the other day I called up htc and they said they can't do anything unless they make me pay to fix the screen, i dont it, i just need my rom flashed but i cant get to where i can enable usb debug, is there anything i can do?

4. mattfluty

mattfluty Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2014
    and yeah it was a system update, and ive been trying to get to the bottom of this crap cause this phone is my life line

Tags: