• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I did an update on my HTC and now it won't boot *HELP*

mattfluty

Lurker
Feb 20, 2014
so I have an HTC one v and I havent done anything to it, no rooting or anything like that, I had an update due so i updated while i was helpin a friend with some stuff around his house, I go to turn it back on and its in a boot loop, it shows my HTC white screen and then black, and it wont let me do a factory reset, I called HTC and they said i cant have it fixed cause my phones screen is broken, but its obv. a software and not hardware problem. can someone help a guy out?
i'd really appreciate it cause i cant afford a new one :(

If this was an update done over the air by the carrier, bring it into the carrier and ask them to fix what their update broke.

If it was an update done over the air by HTC, ask to speak to a supervisor. They're legally liable if they do something that damages your phone. (But considering the price of the phone, and the price of an attorney, you may lose money by winning the case.)

If it was an update you did yourself you'll have to pay for the repair.

Reactions: mattfluty
Upvote 0
hey thanks for the reply I got adult adhd and really need this phone to keep myself on track to say the very least, the other day I called up htc and they said they can't do anything unless they make me pay to fix the screen, i dont it, i just need my rom flashed but i cant get to where i can enable usb debug, is there anything i can do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones