• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I did it!

Did you know you can export your LPP settings, then import them when you install a new rom?

I had quit using LPP due to numerous issues with force closing and shutting down of my phone. I switched to Go Launcher EX and they went away. I did backup my GL set up and restored it once I had Liberty up and running. It brought most of the screens back to where I had them.

Should I run a back up again now that I have Liberty installed?

Upvote 0
I came from Liberty to Focused early this week. I think I backed it up about 4 times since then (deleting old ones). I suspect I've got everything setup now. Before the last backup, I setup a 3rd email acct, updated the camera and yesterday updated the dialer and contacts.

If you install a theme (like I did tonight), you'll want to go back to no theme before trying another.

Upvote 0
Here's my recommendations:

• Get rooted.
  • Install recovery.
  • Install rom manager.
  • Install Titanium Backup, open it and press the menu button, select batch and make a backup of "all apps + all data".
  • Open recovery (DroidX bootstrap), tap the top button, should say you were give supervisor permission, followed by success. Tap the second button to go into recovery. Vol up/down button moves cursor, back button goes to previous screen, camera button does what the cursor is highlighted. Select return and press camera button.
  • Open rom manager and create a backup. Call it stock_02-12-2011 (don't use spaces). Make sure the backup completes. Should take a couple minutes. If it reboots right away, it did not work.

If you don't like a new rom, boot into recovery or open rom manager and restore your previous backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones