• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I didn't install app that appeared

A lazy swipe has appeared on my galaxy s5 I never Installed any kind of lazy or omni swipe and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I don't want it. Where did it come from?

You didn't change your launcher recently, did you? I tried a launcher that came with a lazy swipe, but I forgot which one. I uninstalled it.

I recently changed to Apex Launcher Pro from my previous launcher for a similar reason:
Although I had the Pro version of the launcher installed,it put a shortcut to a crap app available in the Play Store.
After ZERO responses from several e-mails to the developer,I s***-canned the launcher,switched to Apex & never once looked back.

Summary:
Even if all of your apps are from the Google Play Store,check the permissions the app is granted before installing.
If you see seemingly unnecessary permissions,run,don't walk,& look for another app for your needs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones