• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i do believe ime going mad !!!

Fellas & ladies
Ime a newbie to the Android Scene and apologise in advance for bringing up a thread that i am sure has been done to death.
Getting Youtube to run on a Archos 101 tablet,believe me when i say i have spent hours nay more like days, on this,my wife has threatened to leave me,
( a small consolation!).
I have updated to the latest system firmware 2.4.8.83 (android 2.2,1)
Everything works spot on ,apart from viewing Youtube .
Could some one lead me thru the complete process or point me to an article which covers this .
I have built my own computer ,for my graphic work,no problem,but the Android system i find unusual .
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Hi Davemar!

I found this on the internet. I'm assuming you have the google apps like the Market (play store), gmail and the youtube app.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download Android Terminal Emulator from the Market and open it
2. Type in the following in Terminal Emulator "rm /data/test/froyo/system/app/YouTube.apk" (there is a space after rm) then hit return.
3. Back out of Terminal Emulator and reboot.
4. Down load the YouTube app from market.

You should be up and working now.

Here's the source.

YouTube on Archos 10.1 Internet Tablet - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Reactions: davemar53
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones