1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I dont know if this is for me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Carldvs, May 20, 2011.

1. Carldvs

Carldvs Newbie

The screen's great, but I'm dissapointed with the overall thing. May be it's because I expected so much.
    I've kept hold of my iPhone 4 until getting this to make sure I wasn't left out in the cold and just holding both devices gives a reason I struggle to find another phone.
    The build quality is everything and without being nasty, the build quality of this is the worst I've seen yet. Why do Samsung make such a great phone then encase it in thin plastic?
    I would have preferred an extra few grams for nicer looks.
    I'm at a crossroads now. I have iPhone 4 and Galaxy S2. I want the operating system and screen from the SGS2, but I want the music player and build quality from the iPhone 4.
    Decisions decisions. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

i have no problem with plastic and the phone being light in comparison to some "higher end" feeling/looking devices. it's all user preference. you'll just have to decide which is more important to you.

the openness of Android in comparison to iOS, plus the plethora of things you can customize on an Android device vs an iPhone, is why i stick with Android. i had a 3G and then 3GS, so i was very familiar with iOS after having it for 2 years. but in less than a year, i knew more about Android than i ever knew about iOS. i can even make apps for Android lol.

so yeah, you just have to weight the pros/cons of both devices/OS's.
    just sit down and make a list :)

3. N-C

N-C Newbie

Poor build quality? Really?

I'm guessing others will kinda disagree. Each to their own.

4. daz_2000

daz_2000 Android Enthusiast

WHats so good about the music player on iphone? I am perfectly happy with stock on sgs2.

5. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

Respectfully, I'd like to say you can't really compare the music player of an Apple phone to that of a Samsung one.

the iPhone has derived from the iPod mp3 player and has evolved hugely from there. Not to mention Apple have probably patented EVERYTHING to do with the music player. Android has SO MUCH more potential in terms of what YOU can do, not what your being told to do by Jobs.

Also may i remind you that, being heavy doesn't mean premium quality.
    One practical example i can think of - if you dropped your GSII, it's so light it wouldn't have much force hitting the ground and therefore the damage would be minimal.

6. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

What exactly is wrong with the music player on the SGS II? :thinking:

7. eclap

eclap Member

yeah, I love the music player on my S2. a nice improvement over the one I had on my Blackberry Bold 9700. It works great...

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews