• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i dont really need to root but...

Reactions: kwaping
Upvote 0
This is not an app to take screenshots, but you can use your computer to do it withour rooting your phone.

This was posted on Droid Life on 7/22/10 :

How to: Take Screenshots with the DROID X | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Seemed to work pretty good for me.

yea i have the computer program for it... its just a bit annoying that i gotta hook it up to my computer every time...

i talked to the verizon people today and i just dont want to deal with the drama of me ****ing my phone up and not being able to use my insurance or warranty... basically what i was told is that if my screen breaks and my phone is rooted, even though the broken screen has nothing to do with the root, it will void warranty... i think imma wait awhile to see how this phone turns out before i do all that

Upvote 0
As far as I know it's a limitation of the platform (apps are not given access, I believe), which is why you can't take a screen shot with an app without rooting. Unless the feature is built into a future version I'm doubting an app will be able to do so. Of course I'm no programmer so I may just be talking out of my ass, but I think what I said is mostly true. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones