• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I don't really understand it.

on a talk show they said the iphone does what they need it to do and if you want do more or customization an android phone is better. that is an iphone user that said this.

^This. I couldn't agree with it more, nor could I have put it better.

The reason I like Android, is that I can customize the hell out of it. Not just themes. Custom ROM's as well.

If I were satisfied ever with my devices being "as is" and not wanting to root, theme, flash, etc with it...I could very well have an iPhone. My mom has one, because it just works for her.

My sister has one, because she's a hipster.

Upvote 0
^This. I couldn't agree with it more, nor could I have put it better.

The reason I like Android, is that I can customize the hell out of it. Not just themes. Custom ROM's as well.

If I were satisfied ever with my devices being "as is" and not wanting to root, theme, flash, etc with it...I could very well have an iPhone. My mom has one, because it just works for her.

My sister has one, because she's a hipster.
that is what it is!!!!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Likely this.
Or unemployed blowing what little money they have left on a phone. Or, sadly, using precious little vacation time they have to do this.
Any way you spell it out, it's just a tad ridiculous.

that reminds me, my mom's secretary's boyfriend sent her some money a few months back (i'm not sure how much $$ exactly), and instead of keeping it for her child's tuition fees (she's a single mom), she spent it on an iphone. my mom got mad at her for doing something so foolish.

Upvote 0
that reminds me, my mom's secretary's boyfriend sent her some money a few months back (i'm not sure how much $$ exactly), and instead of keeping it for her child's tuition fees (she's a single mom), she spent it on an iphone. my mom got mad at her for doing something so foolish.

:eek:
I can certainly be reckless with spending my money on tech, but I don't have kids. Yowsers. What people do for one more row of icons. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Those are truly Apple Fanatics...to form line a week ahead of time. The crazies!

I think the age of the customer has quite a bit to do with it.

I am always seeing people line up for events long before they happen and the "kids" consider these events to be like many other social events.

At least there are not committing crimes, so I can live with it.

If John, George, Paul and Ringo were still together, I might line up for tickets. I can wait for an iPhone 5. I'll likely buy one in a few months when they arrive no-contract for two hundred bucks.

Upvote 0
I'd like to know how many are true fans and how many are speculators? Does Apple limit purchase?

I know that speculators have hit gaming devices.

Some are certainly looking at the iPhone as a commodity with a potential profit awaiting the fools on Craigslist. Others are likely fans. I think it is silly, but I was once ever so silly, too.

Upvote 0
Likely this.
Or unemployed blowing what little money they have left on a phone. Or, sadly, using precious little vacation time they have to do this.
Any way you spell it out, it's just a tad ridiculous.

True, but people with no foresight often spend their cash on something they do not need. If it is not the iPhone, it will be something else, likely.

Upvote 0
I love technology, I love sports, and I love fast food. I would not stand in line at Best Buy for a Black Friday special, not for Super Bowl tickets, and if there is a line at Mickey D's, I will go over to Burger King.

I believe it's more of a status symbol. I personally never get tied up in NEEDING one product, but try to be flexible and open minded to try something or do something different.

I see these people in line and it reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode where everyone was lining up because they thought they were going to a planet where they were going to live a better life. It turns out they were going to the new planet to feed the inhabitants. Dare I say "Food for thought" ;).

Upvote 0
I only waited 2 hours for Rolling Stones tickets. Most of the other groups we had no problem with.

The worst lines I've seen were on Black Friday at any damn store. If you watched, people were injured and some killed. At least this is one store and Apple can do what it wants about security. The real fanboys would probably walk over hot coals.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones