• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I don't think I want 2.2 Who's with me? [Huawei Ascend]

LOL, funny, very funny.
everyone knows that CM19 is so last week. the newest build is cm40 and runs filet mingnon at 5.5Ghz with no overclock.

Of course you cannot pickup the phone due to the extreme heat, it only runs for 3 seconds and then spontaneously explodes.

You can then run ROM MANGAGER and restore to a new phone since your sd card is protected by a titanium shell that is heat and explosion resistent.

roflmao, and dont forget it has manu warranty of i talk to a computer woman for support...and *228 will program it to explode again!!! oh and MetroPCS Hello Hello Explode!!!

Upvote 0
Tell that to Metro dude their little card thingy under the tapout had a higher processor speed listed.
You need to go knock the crack pipe out of their hands then. The TOE and Regular Ascend have the same exact specs.

The highest I seen an Ascends oc'd stable is @748Mhz and it was only on a few. Most ascend cant handle anything over 710, and many cant even handle 600 well.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
So, since the discussion has started on if or when the Huawei Ascend Froyo releases, I've been asking other android users. 2.2 is great, it's epic, it does every thing! True, but I've also found out that it's a little harder to root, in that even z4 can't periminantly root 2.2 phones. Now I don't know if this matters to you, but part of what makes my Ascend, my Ascend is SU control. Which really drives half the apps on my phone and to go from set and forget to, temporary root to use sometimes seems like a pain. (How that even works with ongoing apps like SetCPU, I'll never know.)

Now, I thought maybe it could very well be EVO. So I tried it on other 2.2 and greater phones, and some worked with a perm root some didn't. I have yet to even see anyone with the LG droid for Metro to test it but from what I've seen it 2.2 itself not the phone that decides if the greatness that is z4 will work. Feel free to correct me, but as it stands? I'd prefer complete control over my 2.1 Ascend to limited control over 2.2 whose only benefit is tethering both usb/wireless (which I have from EasyTeather Pro/PDA Net and Barnacle [requires root btw]) and flash support, which is iffy as adobe requires a minimum of 800mhz processor which requires an overclock beyond SetCPU which also requires SU access, which requires Z4 root to work optimally. ;}

There may not be a bullet in every chamber, but there's one in there. Feel free to swallow the barrel and press your luck. Meanwhile, I'm trying to look for ways to revert a 2.2 phone to 2.1 or a custom rom that does this that would work on my ascend.

I am not sure about you, but after upgrading to 2.2 my phone runs faster and smother. It is almost like a whole new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones