1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root I don't think Liberty 1.5 and GoLauncher play nice together...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bbuck002, Feb 11, 2011.

1. bbuck002

bbuck002 Android Enthusiast

anyone else out there using liberty 1.5 and golauncher having random widgets show up and stack on top of each other? I'm also getting what I would call "ghost widgets", doesn't look like anything is there but you try to drop a widget and can't. if you then long press in the spot, it acts like a widget is there and then if you drag to the trash it turns red and discards something. then you can place a new widget in the spot. this tends to happen with the stacking widget problem. i've had as many as three widgets just show up one on top of the other with a ghost widget at the bottom.

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

I am running GoLauncher on top of Liberty 1.5 as well. I noticed this last week. When I would reboot some widgets duplicated themselves and/or moved around or on top of each other. I then noticed when this would happen I could navigate to data folder and nothing would be in there. I then SBF'd. Set up Liberty 1.5 again but this time I did not use Titanium backup to restore my apps. I have been running it like this for two days and have had success in not finding any widgets on top of each other on my homescreens. You may try to just do a clean install of Liberty 1.5. Did you use Titanium backup to restore your apps?

3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

I had both Go Launcher and Go Launcher EX installed at the same time and was having the funky widget mess also. Once I deleted Go Launcher I haven't had the problem again.

4. bbuck002

i have had the problem since i deleted go launcher, sorry i'm using golauncher ex.

i did a clean install and yes i used tibu, but i don't see how that would be the problem.

5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

Funny, I was just about to post about this. I've had problems with the two as well, but I've had problems since 1.0. The widget problem was one problem, but my biggest problem is when I'm flipping through my home screens and the lag is completely unacceptable. If I flip too fast all the icons disappear on the next page altogether, it's really screwed up. I had the widget problem with regular GoLauncher, then when I updated to GoLauncher EX the lag issues sprung up on me immediately. And that was all on 1.0, so I was waiting patiently for 1.5 to come out to hopefully smooth things out.

When 1.5 did drop and I flashed it, same problem. Then I tried going back to regular GoLauncher, but it's no longer on the Market? Finally I had to flash back to my GummyJAR nandroid because it's my only nandroid with regular GoLauncher on it. So now I'm back on GummyJAR with regular GoLauncher and I'm having none of those problems. So I don't know if it's Liberty, or GoLauncher EX or a combination of the two or what, but my lag issues with that combo is unacceptable.

And since I'm completely hooked on GoLauncher I don't have any desire to run Liberty with either Launcher Pro or ADW. I would rather be on GummyJAR with GoLauncher than Liberty with another launcher. So hopefully these kinks get worked out because I'm missing my UD theme on Liberty. But like I said, I'm just not willing to give up GoLauncher.

6. mrstealthusmc

mrstealthusmc Well-Known Member

i had that problemas well, and i fixed it by uninstalling go and reinstalling fresh from the market. it might have to do with restoring your configuration through go because when i did a fresh install, i did not restore and i have not had that problem. unfortunately,, the problem i now have is sometimes when i reboot, my home screen and the screens to the right of the homescreen are blank. i have to reboot again to get them to appear. kind of a pain, but doesnt happen all the time

7. SplicedX

SplicedX Well-Known Member

The widget issue is a bug in go launcher. I received a tweet the other day from the go launcher team that they were aware of the problem and and out would be corrected soon.

8. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

Either way, still sounds like there's some friction between the two.

9. mrstealthusmc

I agree. Luckily the developer seems to be on top of these issues and hopefully we can see a fix here soon. I'm with you though on being hooked on go launcher. Its definitely my favorite launcher

10. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

I'm running GoLauncher with Liberty 1.5 and they seem to be working very nicely together. Very fluid and seems to be faster then adw or LP. I've had one issue with widgets so far but it was when I first went from adw to Go. Since then, its been smooth sailing

11. bbuck002

@mrstealth, your blank screen issue was a recognized issue that golauncher updated and fixed, i had that too. if i'm not mistaken, the fix was in go ex tho. since you have that nandroid with regular go, try dling the ex onto gummyjar and see if it goes away. you might also be having a conflict with too many launchers. i unistalled reg. golauncher and things settled down a bit. and today i haven't seen extra widgets. maybe it just had to settle in. i just updated to liberty 1.5 the other day. also, never had any of these problems on liberty 1.0 except the blank screens which the update fixed. my extra widgets tend to show up after a reboot tho, and i haven't done that since the other day. will reboot and report back.

and yeah, i'm not willing to give up on golauncher, its def my fav.

12. SplicedX

SplicedX Well-Known Member

Tenative date for Go Launcher update looks to be Saturday if their work stays on schedule.

13. mrstealthusmc

i havent seen extra widgets since i uninstalled and reinstalled. i am using golauncher ex, and unfortunaltrly, i cant nandroid becasue my sd card took a crap on me last week and i lost all my backups!!! also, i dont have any extra launchers, other than the one thats built into liberty. either way, it doesnt bother me that much, it happens every once in while, and when it does, its just a quick fix.