• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I dunno what's up with my gf's phone

Clodpoll

Lurker
Nov 21, 2018
The app in device doubles in the given app in playstore for example yt go only has a 9mb but if i look at the storage in my phone the app consumes more than 60mb, data and cache are not included it just line up with the "app..............60mb" same goes to the other app. Its different when i look at my phone.

The size in the Play Store is the size of the download package (the apk), which is an app installer. The installed app is always larger - sometimes a lot larger if it's a game that then downloads additional resources, but at least double is normal.

Think of those "size" statements as telling you how much data you will use installing it rather than how much space it will use when installed.

Upvote 0
The size in the Play Store is the size of the download package (the apk), which is an app installer. The installed app is always larger - sometimes a lot larger if it's a game that then downloads additional resources, but at least double is normal.

Think of those "size" statements as telling you how much data you will use installing it rather than how much space it will use when installed.

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones