• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I feel so bricked today (32B just shows splash screen)

Hi all!

That's what I have or better had the last time I could see it:

SAPPHIRE UNKNOWN 32B ENG S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-3.22.20.17
Apr 20 2009,15:30:43

It was a german vodafone branded 32B with donut and not rooted of course.

I tried to flash the RADIO to version 2_22_19_26I with cyanogen-recovery 1.4, because I read that RADIO-3.22.20.17 does not suit the 32B. I did that for it turned out that I had flashed it somehow into a 32A which is not what I had in mind.
Now I can't start into flashback or recovery or Cupcake. No hard- or softreset, no volume down & power, no adb devices.

In the beginning I had to use a goldcard and perform a downgrade to 1.5 in order to flash the cm-recovery with flashrec. I was able to change the SPL to 1.33.2005 as you can see. After trying amon-ra's recovery it was clear that it was however 32A-ized, because I had to use the H version and not the G one. Subsequently the 32B ROMs didn't work. I saw that other people confused their 32B in the same way and that they flashed the RADIO.

The question now is: Is it really really bricked or do I have a last chance? A trick a havn't read about so far?

Thanx for any hint! If there's no hope then this thread may help others to avoid a disaster :(

electric-sheep (reloaded)

Hi,

sad but true. After reading tons of threads at xda-developers I come to the conclusion that there is no way to bring it back to life. At least not for mortals like me. It is not 100% dead though, because the LED is still orange or green or blue (after starting it with trackball pressed). But there is no reaction from a PC regarding USB.

But I think i do know now what went wrong at first place. I put this one as goldcard.img on the SD: ROM v2.53.707.2 (Engineerings SPL v1.33.2010) - MD5 : F9674D19BE5F949D0D9DC99714D210E3. Alas it is for 32A devices and so I turned my 32B into a 32A-ish 32B. :eek:

All right, then next level, which is poking the phone shop's service :cool:

electric-sheep-reloaded

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones