1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I Feel The NOOB Coming Out

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wizard59, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Wizard59

Wizard59 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2012
    Dont hate too much as I know this should not be in prevail section as it has nothing to do with phones at all but the forums itself.

This is the first forum that I have seen where likes and thanks go into your profile like accomplishments.

My question is: Do they serve any purpose to the person who is getting or giving the likes and/or thanks?

I just started recently clicking like and thanks on threads that have helped me but I used to browse this forum when not logged in for the longest time and have just started posting in the past few days. Although I will continue to like and/or thank new or old posts that have helped me I am still curious as to if they serve any other purpose besides a virtual pat on the back.

Also kinda posted here partially because I am not that familiar with this forums layout as prevail is the only section i visit regularly and partially because I have come to know how to take a lot of the prevailers when they deliver constructive criticism.

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
  3. Wizard59

None

May 16, 2012
    OK. I actually looked through that already but didnt see anything on likes or thanks. But what you said basically confirmed what I was thinking. It is nothing more than a virtual pat on the back. I do think it is cool that in this forum you can see how many times you were thanked and the number of likes you got. I will be sure to keep using those though as a lot of people on here especially long time members and devs deserve all the thanks we can give and then some. Like I said I browsed a while before joining and then browsed while not logged in a lot too until recently but so far this has been one of the best forums I have ever been a member of. Compared to other forums this forum seems to have a very helpful and courteous community. I even see more general mod activity (posting and joining in) than in most forums. So all I can say is keep up the great work and I am glad to be a part of this community.

Again thanks. And if you need to move this to where it should go feel free.

EDIT: One more question. Not that I would want to is it possible to remove thanks from a post like you can likes?

ocnbrze and EarlyMon like this.
  4. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    Yes you can remove your thanks. Click the remove your thanks texted its to the left of were the thanks names are.
    Also, there is a suggesttion thread. If you don't like something or think of a different way to do something or have a suggestion ... just type it there and be patient and it will get read and maybe used. Hope this helps
    Cheers and welcome to the forums

5. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    The thanks system is slightly more than a Pat on the back... It's almost a rating system. I would be much more inclined to accept advice from someone with 500 thanks, than someone with 2. It's a way to show that a persons info is reliable.

And as far as likes, there is a box at the top of the thread with a like counter. It shows all the liked posts in a particular thread. I think the idea was to quickly point you valuable info. (tho its not quite working that way... )

eyebeam, tube517, tehnoob and 3 others like this.
  6. Wizard59

None

May 16, 2012
    That's a good point LV I didn't really think about that.

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    Hey wizard I am going to move this to the lounge section of the forum but while your there check out some of the fun stuff like the movie and tv threads and have fun with the forum games. We could always use your help beating the mods in mod break :p. See you around buddy :D

ocnbrze, EarlyMon and Wizard59 like this.
  8. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    when someone helps me or has added something valuable ... i want them to know that i appreciated it and to let others know too.

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. Wizard59

None

May 16, 2012
    Good thing about this forum is just about everybody I have dealt with has been helpful. Many other forums are not quite as fortunate to have a community like this. And that makes me even happier I bought a prevail. If not for this phone I would not have found this community. Just wished I would have actually became active when I first started browsing this forum and tweaking my phone.

10. !on

!on Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Male
    UK
    It depends which part of the board you're in. If it's lounge then I'd like or thank if someone something has tickled me (!).

ocnbrze, Wizard59 and EarlyMon like this.
  11. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010

you just like being fondled tickled by strangers

ocnbrze likes this.