• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I forgot my password now I can't access.

Hello Guys,

I forgot my phone's pattern and I turned off my phone but it needs a pattern to access which I don't have.

Is there any way I can get into my phone?

My phone model is - Vivo Y19
do you know your phone's google acct info (email and password)? you most likely will need to do a hard reset which is usually some button combo of home+power+vol buttons. unfortunately you will loose all your data as this will factory reset your phone. it will also trip FRP (factory reset protection) and you will not get any where unless you can enter the phone google acct info.....so make sure you have that info first before performing the hard reset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you think about it, the purpose of the screen lock is to protect your data and accounts. If there was a simple way round this then there would be no point setting it, since any thief could use the same trick.

Some phones used to ask you for your Google password after too many failed attempts, in which case if your phone does that and you know your Google password (I'm always amazed that there are people who do not) then this would solve your problem. Other phones will do a factory reset after a certain number of failed attempts, which as said above means you really do need to know your Google credentials. And some will just keep asking until you reset it yourself. So you need to know your Google password anyway, but unless you are lucky and either the phone asks for it or you remember your pattern I think you are going to have to do a reset.

Upvote 0
do you know your phone's google acct info (email and password)? you most likely will need to do a hard reset which is usually some button combo of home+power+vol buttons. unfortunately you will loose all your data as this will factory reset your phone. it will also trip FRP (factory reset protection) and you will not get any where unless you can enter the phone google acct info.....so make sure you have that info first before performing the hard reset.

Yes, I have google account info. Please guide me on how to factory reset the phone?

Upvote 0
If you think about it, the purpose of the screen lock is to protect your data and accounts. If there was a simple way round this then there would be no point setting it, since any thief could use the same trick.

Some phones used to ask you for your Google password after too many failed attempts, in which case if your phone does that and you know your Google password (I'm always amazed that there are people who do not) then this would solve your problem. Other phones will do a factory reset after a certain number of failed attempts, which as said above means you really do need to know your Google credentials. And some will just keep asking until you reset it yourself. So you need to know your Google password anyway, but unless you are lucky and either the phone asks for it or you remember your pattern I think you are going to have to do a reset.

Yes, I have no option but reset and I have google account details.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones