• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Forgot My PIN To My Phone! HELP!

This is why I never use a pin or pattern. Not much you can do really. And don't believe these programs that say they can bypass the lock screen. Most of them are not free and most do not work.

You are going to have to do a hard reset which, yes will erase all of your data on the phone. It will also trip Google's security feature called FRP(FACTORY RESET PROTECTION). you will need your google account info that you used to set the phone up originally.....so make sure that info you have is correct before doing the reset.

Sorry but this is the only way to get your phone unlocked.

Upvote 0
This is why I never use a pin or pattern. Not much you can do really. And don't believe these programs that say they can bypass the lock screen. Most of them are not free and most do not work.

You are going to have to do a hard reset which, yes will erase all of your data on the phone. It will also trip Google's security feature called FRP(FACTORY RESET PROTECTION). you will need your google account info that you used to set the phone up originally.....so make sure that info you have is correct before doing the reset.

Sorry but this is the only way to get your phone unlocked.
How Am I Going To Back My Phone Up? Or Should I Take It To A Place To Fix The Pin? I Wish I Could View My Phone History But I Can't Sadly :-( Please Help Me! If I Take It To A Place To Get It Fixed Will That Work? Please Don't Say I Have To Reset It Otherwise You Are Not Helpful

Upvote 0
How Am I Going To Back My Phone Up? Or Should I Take It To A Place To Fix The Pin? I Wish I Could View My Phone History But I Can't Sadly :-( Please Help Me! If I Take It To A Place To Get It Fixed Will That Work? Please Don't Say I Have To Reset It Otherwise You Are Not Helpful
You can take it to a shop and see what they say.....but they most likely will do a reset themselves.

And again I'm sorry, but your data is lost.

Upvote 0
My wife is notorious for forgetting and not making a note of such things. I have unlocked or accessed her accounts using last for digits of phone number, a child's birthdate, marriage date, etc. Her pins are fairly predictable. You might concentrate on variables that might have come to mind when you first set your pin. I think that remembering that pin is your only solution to not lose stored data. In moving forward, please consider backing up your data.

Upvote 0
Well you can be dismissive by claiming '...not helpful' but if you can only accept what you want to hear while ignoring reality, you'll be better off going elsewhere. Try Reddit or 4Chan to find someone who will tell you there's a secret magic button that can actually bypass your forgotten lock screen.
Otherwise, since you didn't bother to implement some kind of backup solution beforehand, there's still the open question if you at least enabled syncing to preserve some of your personal data when it involves various online services. At some though, you'll have to do a Reset to restore your phone to a usable condition again, and accept you'll be losing data. You can keep putting off the inevitable and get more and more frustrated, or you can shake it off, do what you'll have to do anyway, and move forward.

Upvote 0
You can take it to a shop and see what they say.....but they most likely will do a reset themselves.

And again I'm sorry, but your data is lost.
Your Right :-( I'm Crying Because Of The Beautiful Pictures I Took That Was Not Saved On The SD Card
1. Take Out The Sim Card
2. Take Out The SD Card
3. Reset The Phone With BIOS Screen
4. Be Careful Before Putting The SD Card In

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones