• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I found a few issues with my X10

Merolas

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2010
Montreal
I was playing around with my X and i found a few things that bugs me.

1st: I put my phone for charge overnight with the OEM cable and Wall plug (it was at 60%) i found it this morning a 97%. What bugs me is not the fact it has not charged fully is that i used a battery monitoring app and it told me that after the 98% mark, it just went to "over voltage" mode and stop charging, like it seems like the cable (or the wallplug) give too much power. I don't know if this might give an issue about the baterry life. Other point is i cannot find a USB charger that gives enough power to charge through USB (i have many USB car plugs but none of the give enough to charge my X, only apple stuff)

2nd: I regulary use ATK to kill the apps i don't use. But lately i found out that the more i kill apps, the less memory i get left. For exemple at boot i have 172mb of memory, after 3 days, when i kill a few apps it tells me that i only have 89mb left. Unless i reboot, the momory keeps going down. One last thing about it is that ATK doesn't close it self after killing apps (even though it was on the kill list)

and the 3rd and not the least: I have setup the stock email app to connect with my hotmail, why can't i get access to other folders than Inbox (i have a classification of 15+ folders and email sort auto) but i cannot access it. Is there a way to get around it ( hotmail doesn't log in with the browser).

**off topic** I've created a thread on X10 Skins but i can't find it anymore. Was it deleted and why?

1. It will charge to maximum and stop charging but if the phone overheats it will stop charging. I listen to radio 1 pod casts at night and fell asleep with the phone under my pillow and when I woke up the phone was @ 60% and battery temp was at 56deg centigrade!

2. It's not the task killers fault. I say this loads but think of the phone as a pc, if you left your pc on for a few days then it would clog the ram up and you would need to reboot it to sort it out.

3. Try maildroid.

Off topic, loads of threads and posts got lost the forum had to be rebooted and the last 3-4 days had not been saved so where lost in cyberspace.

Reactions: Merolas
Upvote 0
Ad1 - it is not going to overcharge. It just stops charging at 100% and then does nothing until batter goes down to 90%... then starts charging again. otherwise the batter would go bust. And other charges do not work, because this battery/phone requires a very precise voltage/amper/power. same reason as before. I found that it also works with Logitech performance mx mouse charger :D

Ad2 - leave your computer running for few days, and see what happens with its memory/processes etc. Other thing is, what do we really need free memory for? does any of your apps refuse to run because of that? any of apps run any more sluggish? I know it is a kind of custom to keep thing clean and tidy when it comes to memory in such devices, but hey, does it really matters? like really really?

Ad3 - not a clue

ps . heh... too late

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones