• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I found a slim 1800mAH battery on ebay!

I asked the seller about specs here is what he gave me:

* Battery Capacity: 1800 mAh * High quality Li-Ion battery. * Battery Type: Lithium Ion. * Voltage: 3.7V.

no mentioned about talktime or anything else but if you look on Ebay for "1800mAh slim battery for HTC thunderbolt" there are so many with different brands. Which one to pick?

Upvote 0
I actually purchased one of the 1800mah batteries, and it does much better than the stock battery. I got off of ebay as well, and once I fully cycled the battery a couple of times, I can get a good 10 hours out of the damn thing now!! But hey it could just be the fact that used to only getting 4 hours from stock right? ;)

Upvote 0
I actually purchased one of the 1800mah batteries, and it does much better than the stock battery. I got off of ebay as well, and once I fully cycled the battery a couple of times, I can get a good 10 hours out of the damn thing now!! But hey it could just be the fact that used to only getting 4 hours from stock right? ;)

I get about 20 hours out of mine.

Upvote 0
i bought two 1700 batteries off of htc express today. I had a battery from them in my incredible, and got great battery life with it. They have a sale today going two batteries plus the wall charger was like 35$ or something. Not bad. I will report back when i recieve it, i currently am using a 1700 no name battery off ebay. Can't say i have anywhere near solid numbers for what i have been getting with it, i have been jumping back and forth from roms, flashing kernels, i will try to stick with cyanogen for a day or two as long as my data works to try to get some solid numbers to post.

Upvote 0
Yes folks, DO NOT BELIEVE the hype on stated capacities. Best case scenario they are not testing themselves (the manufacturers) and using some highly idealized numbers. Worst case scenario they are purposefully lying and commiting fraud. Have a look at this nice reasonably scientific and reasonable sample size of test data:

BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

It takes 2 minutes to decide for yourself.

Don't believe the lies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones