• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Found Out How to get Unlimited Wireless Tether!

O

old_member

FOUND OUT HOW TO GET UNLIMITED TETHER

I want to say that I found this out easily and it may cost you a bit , Before you get unlimited , Add the $10 add on with a extra add on like Voicemail to text or something so it might work better (I HAD to add VMTT for it to work)
Then I went to $55 unlimited from $70 (They add both plans , $125 and add $50 for switching plans for me and then $12 for the hotspot and stuff so I had to pay $187 that month but I did get my unlimited everything )

Another easier cheaper way is , Wait for the end of your cycle , Let it disconnect
Activate $55 plan ONLINE with chat/without and also add hotspot and it will work and you have to pay $65 in total for monthly

Reactions: horsecharles
FOUND OUT HOW TO GET UNLIMITED TETHER

I want to say that I found this out easily and it may cost you a bit , Before you get unlimited , Add the $10 add on with a extra add on like Voicemail to text or something so it might work better (I HAD to add VMTT for it to work)
Then I went to $55 unlimited from $70 (They add both plans , $125 and add $50 for switching plans for me and then $12 for the hotspot and stuff so I had to pay $187 that month but I did get my unlimited everything )

Another easier cheaper way is , Wait for the end of your cycle , Let it disconnect
Activate $55 plan ONLINE with chat/without and also add hotspot and it will work and you have to pay $65 in total for monthly
They had said one couldn't combine the 55 with the hotspot...good find there.
Sorry you had to pay so much money the other way...coulda had an extra phone + oriental spa treatment for the money.

Upvote 0
... User agent.
OP's the legitimate way supposedly though.

I still don't get how was able to combine both plans...according to Metro store, "not even in a family plan on a different phone is the hotspot addon allowed".

And that was a lot of money shelled out-- i woulda preferred to go to another carrier(and get better phone too) with it-- say TMobile.

I'm still a bit dizzy from trying to figure out the entire post.

Upvote 0
Easy way...
Let your month about to end
Go on account online add the hot spot a day before cancel.. it will give payment warnings since due date

Then end month and reactivate with the unlimited plan and you will regain your features and number back ... kinda hard to explain

Upvote 0
And that was a lot of money shelled out-- i woulda preferred to go to another carrier(and get better phone too) with it-- say TMobile.

I'm still a bit dizzy from trying to figure out the entire post.

Tmobile is shit ATT or Verizon coverage is much better and faster network. Also I am on the 40$ a month plan because I am a cheap ass and have tethered my phone on it w/o root.

Upvote 0
A bit confused as to why one would go through all the trouble to do that when apps are available and do the same thing free.
Because in theory (technically in practice, but ...meh... semantics :D) you agreed not to use those programs on your phone. So unless you are one of those horrible people who agrees to the TOS but doesn't abide by it (don't worry, most people don't even read it, let alone abide by it) you have to pay Metro for the ability to wireless (or technically wired) tether your phone.

Upvote 0
1. I dont follow alot of rules with MetroPCS TOS XD But I find the MetroPCS Tether is faster and also , Legal!

2. This is the more legal paid way , The rooted wireless tether way is basicly against the MPCS TOS , but you get what you pay for , More people that use the 'Illegal tether" , The more MetroPCS is going to cost , That is why MetroPCS went from $60 to $70 for unlimited , Too many phones tethering damage the little cell phone towers (About 5 feet high , Not like eiffel towers!) So it hurts the towers and they charge more they need to replace them alot! , Now MetroPCS tether is better as they know your doing it and also your not going against the TOS but you can choose

3. You choose , Legal and $10 measely easy to earn dollars
OR
Free tether against the MetroPCS TOS , Sorry but I want to be nice to MetroPCS this time :)

Upvote 0
I activated my phone the other day with the $70 dollar plan because the salesman said I had to pay for the $70 plan first before I could switch to the $55 plan (which was bs) so tonight I had called metro to ask about it and to ask if I could still get unlimited hotspot. The lady told me that metro doesn't allow you to have the hotspot on any unlimited plans and that it was a fluke or a glitch why mine was working on the $70 unlimited plan.. Well I had her switch me to the $55 plan , they credited my account for the difference I paid to activate my phone on the $70 plan.. and I still get unlimited 4g mobile hotspot and my bill is only $41.26 for next month :) They said tho that the mobile hotspot should not be working on any unlimited plan and that they just got it and have not yet worked out everything with it yet... but whatever I pay only $55 and they say unlimited data and their app is what I'm using for my hotspot...

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones