• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I found root method and recovery for the S4

Upvote 0
I think I responded to your other post, I am glad you found it. I think there will soon be an all things root section for the Us Cellular S4 You will be able to post this there at that time.:)

I will gladly post in a us cellular all things root guide!! I just dont want people to get confused..I just got the phone two days ago...and I don't want people to get confused that there are diffrent models to this phone...it could be easy to brick your phone because they dont know that there is a diffrence between carriers and they use the wrong root method. or try to flash a rom for a diffrent carrier or network such as gsm.

Upvote 0
I will gladly post in a us cellular all things root guide!! I just dont want people to get confused..I just got the phone two days ago...and I don't want people to get confused that there are diffrent models to this phone...it could be easy to brick your phone because they dont know that there is a diffrence between carriers and they use the wrong root method. or try to flash a rom for a diffrent carrier or network such as gsm.
Yes very true, some reading up on specific phone/carriers is required.

I do not know when any forum will be done but keep an eye out for it to appear in the S4 section.:)

Upvote 0
I just rooted my phone using that method as well!

However, I have been having trouble installing a custom ROM. I am using goomanager and when I try to install OpenRecoverScript and hit Yes the message "No recoveries were found for your device" pops up. I am kinda lost on where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones