• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I found ZTE ZMAX PRO Source Code

This does not clarify your point. If things are such easy, then why bootloader is not unlocked yet?

All that's happened is, ZTE have released their source code for the Linux kernel that they use in this phone, which they are obligated to do under the GPL
, and other applicable open source software licenses.

And @fspkwon has posted some URLs to various open source Android projects. However non of these are specific to the ZTE Max Pro, But if you or anyone else wishes to make use of all this code and other information, to develop, build for, and hack the ZTE Max Pro, then feel free to dive in.

As for unlocking the ZTE bootloader, I don't know if this information will be useful or not for that, I'm not a developer.

Upvote 0
All that's happened is, ZTE have released their source code for the Linux kernel that they use in this phone, which they are obligated to do under the GPL, and other applicable open source software licenses.

And @fspkwon has posted some URLs to various open source Android projects. However non of these are specific to the ZTE Max Pro, But if you or anyone else wishes to make use of all this code and other information, to develop, build for, and hack the ZTE Max Pro, then feel free to dive in.

As for unlocking the ZTE bootloader, I don't know if this information will be useful or not for that, I'm not a developer.
Do you know how to access fastboot mode in zmax pro?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones