• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I gave up too-That darn end call slider!!

Winner

Jan 31, 2011
I gave up yesterday. My Transform was giving me the Gmail sync error message the entire 3 weeks I owned it. Both Sprint and Best Buy tried to solve that issue without success. But the real reason I switched was because of that darn end call slider. I had a lot of trouble ending calls with that slider. As a new Android user I was making accidental calls while playing around with the phone (my fault) but I had too much trouble disconnecting from a call (Samsung's fault).

The Transform has a nice screen and call quality was phenominal. Best cell phone voice quality I've ever had. Voices and ringers were nice, loud, and very clear. I think this phone really needs the 2.2 upgrade but I can't wait forever.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my EVO 4G. I know we're not comparing apples to apples but the EVO is a great phone. Best Buy matched Radio Shack's $149 internet price and Best Buy's Buy Back is free on new phones this week. After 2 years Best Buy will give me $120 for the phone. Considering I paid $150, it's a no brainer. Now if I could find a way around that $10 data fee....

Thanks to all here that answered my silly questions. I'll be stopping by here to see if Samsung ever gives you guys that 2.2 upgrade. I hope you get it soon.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones