• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I get 150+ Mbps on my Note 8, and 6 Mbps with it through PDAnet

I had Sprint since '04, now TMobile. I have the "everything plan". I use it as my main online connection and I use a ridiculous amount of data, always have.
Speeds haven't changed on my Pdanet USB connection, but my phone is MUCH faster lately. ( so much for throttling)
I just wondered if there is any way to get some of that lightning to my laptop via Pdanet or other 3rd party app.
Ive heard about MIDI, Klink ( a truly worthless download, IMO, got me to 8 Mbps)

Upvote 0
If you do have the everything plan, why not just turn on Android's native tethering? It may very well be that pdanet is you bottleneck.

I believe PDAnet uses a proxy in order to provide their tethering service. and it could the speed of the proxy that's the bottleneck?
Just a guess of course, I've never had to deal with carrier restricted tethering myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones