1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I give up on gdocs; what is the best memo app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rcyphermd, Feb 21, 2011.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I want an app like the old palm memos that sync between by phone and my desktop (or cloud if necessary). I have used gdocs but now it says "invalid credential" and will not sync. I have left a couple of comments for help from the developer, but no response.

Is their an app that will sync between google documents and the phone and sync both ways?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisement

2. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast

Evernote or the actual Google Docs Online is great on the phone browser. Or a combo. Create the notes in Google Docs save to Evernote and sync that between phone>computer. Or just use Google Docs between both. Save a step.

3. beemer87

beemer87 Newbie

try springpad, it does exactly what you want and i like it better than evernote. www.springpadit.com

4. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I tried the google docs on line. I have a coupe hundred and it takes so long so scroll through those on the online set up. I will check evernote. Thanks!

5. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

I use Springpad. Evernote is good, too.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I also use Evernote and like it a lot. If you want both Google docs compatibility, as well as avoiding cloud syncing, check out Documents to Go. It can open Google docs, as well as desktop sync (though I've never used it as I use dropbox for that instead).

7. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast

epistle. can sync with your dropbox account too.

8. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

I thought about trying docs to go. I used them with Palm. They were always updating and charging for things....kind of ticked me off. They had security codes for palm that were ridiculously long and hard to enter. I wish I could try it for more than 15 minutes to see if I liked it

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest

As did I. If it helps, I bought it in version 2.x, and they're at 3 something now without an additional charge yet.

10. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

does docs to go work well for google documents? Sounds like they are back to their old charge all the time game plan like with palm.

11. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I don't use Google docs, so I don't know. As for their charging people, I've only paid once so far, and haven't missed an update yet