1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I got a lemon:( force closes and wont turn back on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by diponyou, Nov 27, 2011.

1. diponyou

diponyou Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    Yup.
    I had the sgsII then traded it up for the SR but I got a lemon. It constantly shuts down,restarts, locks up, freezes,lags etc etc.
    :C
    I thought it was an app but I did a factory reset on it and it still does it constantly.
    It wouldn't be a big deal but since I traded in the sgsII the store wont let me exchange for another because my original purchase was longer than 30 days ago...ugh
    But when I call ATT they tell me its still under 30 days and I need to return it to the store I bought it.LOL
    Anyways... I just thought I would share and see if anybody else had a similar problem.or maybe a fix???:/

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    What store? A defective phone is not a trade in....the store needs to take care of it assuming you are within 30 days of getting the SR.

The rule they are quoting you applies to changing to a different phone, not a defective phone.

Att is correct, the phone is still covered by Samsung warranty but that would have to be handled through Samsung

3. diponyou

diponyou Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    Update.
    So after talking with the manager for awhile at the att store he agreed to get me another phone at no cost. Its working awesome. No problems as of yet.
    My last one was glitchy right out of the box.

Anyways, thanks.

Mr. Ed likes this.
  4. farcast

farcast Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Got the same thing. Phone worked fine when I got it, then when AT&T pushed the 2.3.6 update out to my phone it went into an endless reboot loop. I took it back to the AT&T store, and the guy in front of me had the same problem! The sales guy did a factory reset to break the reboot loop, but the phone has been unstable ever since. I'm sure it has crashed well over 100 times since I got it.

I've finally given up trying to blame it on any particular bad app. I think I just have a lemon, and it is going back as soon as I download my photos.

5. dorj

dorj Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    I got the phone as well in Europe. They shipped it and out of the box it had exactly the same behavior you describe
    I tried everything for a whole weekend thinking it may be the network change or something else ....
    It rebooted after 1 minute of usage with or without network, with or without SD card inserted

Shipped back to Negrielectronics and I am waiting for them to replace it at (I hope) no significant cost

JD

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Guys I am not sure of exactly when, but the 2.3.6 update was supposed to be pulled. You should NOT be getting a notification to do the update and if you do DO NOT do it.

The was per a phone call with Samsung concerning the fact that some of our devices would not receive the update at all.

They said there was something wrong with that update and it had been pulled.
    The phone call was on 12/7/11