• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I got flash working on Velocity 1.0 ... I think

Actually I was premature. It only works on about 1 in 10 videos I tried. I'm going to keep the link up b/c it did install after a couple of tries and maybe someone else can tweak it a bit to work more consistently.

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up.

Also I uninstalled my stock browser and am having trouble getting it back maybe someone might have luck with installing the version of flash above and using the stock browser.

Upvote 0
Using Velocity 1.0 I overclocked to 806 mhz or whatever is close to that.
Then I installed Flash 10.1 for 2.1 from [ Download Flash For Android 2.1 Download Flash For Android 2.1 ? AddictiveTips ]
Now I can watch southpark studios on opera and dolphin browsers.
Its a big program like 10 megabites but it seems to work.
Yeah I did this too. It of course installed... but everytime I tried to go to Strong Bad emails it just closed the browser. It Closed all of my browsers. The original, Dolphin, and Skyfire.

Upvote 0

Sorry neightwulf didn't mean to make you so upset I read that thread when it started thanks though. You might have noticed that that was an install/workaround for android 2.1 not 2.2 ally so I though there might be some hope even though I retracted most of my statement only a few minutes after i wrote it.
But really your Sarcasm and Negativity did a lot to help put me in my place.
You truly are the best.

Upvote 0
Sorry neightwulf didn't mean to make you so upset I read that thread when it started thanks though. You might have noticed that that was an install/workaround for android 2.1 not 2.2 ally so I though there might be some hope even though I retracted most of my statement only a few minutes after i wrote it.
But really your Sarcasm and Negativity did a lot to help put me in my place.
You truly are the best.

I'm not sure where you found sarcasm in that post.

Didn't upset me either; it's just that every couple weeks or so another thread pops up about Flash and it gets old. Nothing personal.

For what it's worth, a hardware limitation prevents current Flash builds from running on our processor. It doesn't matter if you're running 2.2, 2.1, 3.x, etc.; the processor is the problem, not the OS version.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, a hardware limitation prevents current Flash builds from running on our processor. It doesn't matter if you're running 2.2, 2.1, 3.x, etc.; the processor is the problem, not the OS version.

Exactly!!! Our phone will not fully support flash until and if Adobe decides to make and release a build that will support our processor's architecture. It might just happen but don't get your hopes up too much.

Upvote 0
Exactly!!! Our phone will not fully support flash until and if Adobe decides to make and release a build that will support our processor's architecture. It might just happen but don't get your hopes up too much.

Don't see any reason why they should, our processor is old tech. No use in a huge corporation porting software to hardware that is going to disappear in less than a year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones