• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got it wet !

A

Android Question

I dropped my Galaxy S3 into water and it was submerged for maybe 10 seconds before I frantically recovered the device. I've taken the back off and the battery out and left it in rice overnight. When I plug in, I can get sounds and vibrations, but no screen display. I've heard from others some homemade remedies, but I'd like to check before using them. First one is to use my blow dryer on the case for a few minutes to dry out any hidden areas. The second option is to bury the case in several layers of socks and put it in the dryer. Shall I try these or do you have a different remedy?

Appreciate your advice.

About the only thing you can do at this point is throw the phone out. Sorry, but you have about 2 minutes from the time it gets wet to try to save it, and putting it rice is the 4th WORST thing you can do to a wet phone.

For the future read Wet Phone so you'll know what to do.

You plugged it in (worst thing), turned it on (second worst thing), put the battery in (third worst thing) and let it set wet overnight (4th worst thing). There's about as much chance of saving that phone now as there is of it's turning into a red Corvette.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones