• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Got My Epic and.....

baa269

Jan 3, 2010
:eek: HOLY HELL

the screen is a beast! i cant wait til the mods start coming for this phone... until then stock it is for me... im also noticing the front buttons with being pushed harder than normal to register... i have 1 day left on my 30 days so well see if i bring it back tomorrow... lol went through 4 BB bolds and then this... the girl krysta at Best Buy is going to love me if i come back day after with this issue... hahaha

This isn't very scientific, but I've noticed that those keys respond well when I use my thumb to press them. However, when I use my index finger it is much harder to get a response. No clue why... but 90% of the time I use my thumb. I noticed this when I was using the physical keyboard and went to push the back button with my index finger.

Anyone else notice this?

Upvote 0
This isn't very scientific, but I've noticed that those keys respond well when I use my thumb to press them. However, when I use my index finger it is much harder to get a response. No clue why... but 90% of the time I use my thumb. I noticed this when I was using the physical keyboard and went to push the back button with my index finger.

Anyone else notice this?

I to have noticed this...maybe it is all in our heads, or it isnt.

Upvote 0
For me the only key that gives me trouble is the back key, the other three I only have to barely touch and they work but, the back key needs my thumb in a straight line with the phone,,,annoying but I still love the phone

Hi. I'm a Sprint employee and Epic owner/user. I've heard a few people on forums saying their Back button needs a harder press, longer press or in some cases using a thumb instead of a finger. There's a group of us that have been issues Epics since before public launch and none of our units seems to have that issue. We've passed it as a concern to Samsung, so hopefully a future ROM update or patch will help the sensitivity. Thanks for reporting your issues and being Sprint customers! We're listening!

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm a Sprint employee and Epic owner/user. I've heard a few people on forums saying their Back button needs a harder press, longer press or in some cases using a thumb instead of a finger. There's a group of us that have been issues Epics since before public launch and none of our units seems to have that issue. We've passed it as a concern to Samsung, so hopefully a future ROM update or patch will help the sensitivity. Thanks for reporting your issues and being Sprint customers! We're listening!

My Epic had this problem and I ended up taking it back and getting a new one. The new one was immediately better. The lights were bright on the buttons (didn't realize how dim my other one was) and the battery seemed to last a lot longer and run cooler. I believe it was definitely a bad device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones