1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips I Got My PRL 52686 To Revert Back To PRL 15xxx

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dankees, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Dankees

Dankees Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    Well, I finally got my phone's PRL to revert back to 15xxx from PRL 52686. Hopefully, this will stop the ghost dialing. But, I'm really not gonna take much of a chance. I am going to leave my phone in Airplane Mode at night. The other night, I lost about 5% of battery life in 8 hours of the overnight and it didn't ghost dial upon turning the Airplane Mode off.

So, here's how I did it...

First, I factory reset my phone. Then, I removed the SIM Card, and I factory reset the phone again.

With the phone off, I inserted a new SIM Card, and left the phone off. I called Verizon Wireless and I gave them the new SIM Card number. I actually kept the phone off for a few hours, because I didn't want to turn my phone back on in my home.

So, I made sure that I was in a place that I previously knew had excellent service, and I turned the phone on there. The PRL no longer read "52686" - it read "15119" - now, this is a little odd, because I've never seen such a PRL before. I believe my wife's Galaxy Nexus PRL is "15109."

Nevertheless, I got rid of the PRL 52686 and I am hoping that it stays that way, until the OS 4.0.4 is released (if it ever is).

So, that's how you fix that issue. Now, I just hope that my battery life goes back to the way it once was.

Advertisement

Tags: